critique my swinggggg

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I'm going to leave any advice to people who know better, but my god you hit the ball hard!!!

Overall I like it though. Definitely scope there to be very good imo.

What do you play off?

Revolt

Assistant Pro
Visit site
errr tbh i played for about 4 years when i was 13-15.... now im 23.... and i only played about 10 rounds last summer (first rounds in 10 years near enough....) think my record was about 10 over through 18 i dont have a handicap but i still have scorecards from last summer not sure how to work out a handicap, also using my dads old clubs and cant afford a membership/lessons/any tweakings! so basically been watching slow motion videos of pros and trying to copy it, my 5-6 irons and up are sweet usually, 3-4 iron can have a bit of a fade and my driver is always a fade unless i put a gap between both hands on the grip then i can usually keep it on the fairway at the cost of distance, probably only drive about 240 on average :eek:

Revolt

Assistant Pro
Visit site
if i could just get it straighter off the tee and i think kill that bit of wrist movement at the top of my swing on irons then id be on the green in reg a lot more, at the moment i have been relying on my deadly short game, anything u30 yards and under is usually an up and down much to my friends annoyment :)

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Your driver looks to me like it comes from the inside towards impact so I guess the face is open. Do your fades start straight or right?

Having a gap between your hands on the grip is a drill to promote turning the face over through impact, so it could be a case of you holding the face open a touch too long with your normal grip.

Can't help with a fix though, sorry. Apart from the split hands drill though lol. It should give you the right 'feeling' through the hitting area though if you can feel it and replicate it with your normal grip.

I'm sure you've also noticed you overswing slightly as well. Probably what feels to you like a 3/4 swing would be about perfect.

Revolt

Assistant Pro
Visit site
im aware of my overswing, tbh it used to be a LOT worse when i was young lol.... and infact it was still pretty bad last season.... my fades start straight.... and turns over to the right, i also hit a very rare duck snap hook type shot although only at the range, 99% of the time off the tee i bottle it, take the hands far apart, and just settle for a straightish not that far drive,