Cricket

Robobum

Money List Winner
Visit site
Great finish to the final day's play today, big cahunas shown by the tail again for England. Pretty intimidating having 8 fielders around the bat over that last hour.

Collingwood fending off the new ball spell by Steyn was pretty special. :)

Had the live scores console running from Sky Sports, surprised how exciting it was when waiting for the delayed updates to kick in!! :D

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Just been watching it while flicking over to watch the golf too. The duel with the new ball between Collingwood and Steyn was top class test cricket. Great fight with the last pair negotiating 14 deliveries with virtually the whole South African side camped round the bat. 1-0 up with one to play so can't lose the series whatever the result next up. Great performance all round especially from Bell and Collingwood today

Dodger

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
I am not a great cricket fan and certainly not a great Engerland fan but anyone care to enlighten me why the powers that be cared to brush the blatent cheating under the carpet?

Puts out a great message to all youngster surely...f##k the ball to buggery and get away with it...no?!

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
Typical scottish response,great entertainment true English grit.Apart from golf are there any exiting Scottish sports worth watching i struggling to think of any.

Screwback

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Typical scottish response,great entertainment true English grit.Apart from golf are there any exiting Scottish sports worth watching i struggling to think of any.

We are world champions at elephant polo!!

So beat that :p

mancity101

Assistant Pro
Visit site
How can you call cricket exciting? I would die of boredom watching it. :(
GOOD! one less sweaty to bother about then...all jocks have a big chip on their shoulders, and guts and plates, because they are absolutely dire at sport!
Only the extremley ignorant can declare that todays cricket was boring! ...McNumpties

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
Im a sports man through and through and dont care wether the welsh,irish,scots or english win,unless its the english against them ,then im an England supporter.

drawboy

Tour Winner
Visit site
Being a red blooded Yorkshireman I have to say Cricket is THE worst game ever invented! Don't get me started on test matches :mad:

jammydodger

Tour Winner
Visit site
Great finish to the final day's play today, big cahunas shown by the tail again for England. Pretty intimidating having 8 fielders around the bat over that last hour.

Collingwood fending off the new ball spell by Steyn was pretty special. :)

Had the live scores console running from Sky Sports, surprised how exciting it was when waiting for the delayed updates to kick in!! :D

I'll reply to the OP and ignore all the bollox in between.

I watched it all this afternoon from the edge of my seat , totally gripped by the drama unfolding again. Why do they do it to us over and over again ?

Terrific Test Match and terrific series so far , cant wait for the final test

CliveW

Tour Winner
Visit site
How can you call cricket exciting? I would die of boredom watching it. :(
GOOD! one less sweaty to bother about then...all jocks have a big chip on their shoulders, and guts and plates, because they are absolutely dire at sport!
Only the extremley ignorant can declare that todays cricket was boring! ...McNumpties

I find that response very offensive. I expressed a personal opinion and I am now being accused of being ignorant. I may not know much about cricket, but ignorant I am not.
I also find football boring. Perhaps that would prompt another racist response. :D

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Every team 'work' the ball in cricket. They all cheat like f. They should just make it legal and get on with it.

If he cheated by stopping it with his spikes, how did he know he wasn't going to mess up the side of the ball they had been polishing for hours?

It isn't a game I watch, as it goes on way too long, and I get bored. To me, it is also a game, not a sport. Any sport where you wear a jumper isn't a sport.