Crazy shot almost off at right angles!!! Help.

DaveM

Tour Winner
Visit site
That's crazy stuff......

I hit a couple last night in my garage, the ball coming off the cub at about 45 deg right, bounced past the hoover and smacked into the kids sledge, did it three more times before it disappeared........

I could have sworn that it was coming of the toe of the club or the rounded sole of the hybrid...

Good to know or recognise it as a shank and it's cure.....

Ps I'm not entirely mental, I was only hitting plastic wiffel balls ;)

Shame. I just had a great mental picture of a golf ball pinging allover the place, and you trying to dodge it. LMAO.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
This is now my stock shot. This week I am hitting mainly shanks, with a few fats and thins thrown in just to confuse matters. Golf is done.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
This is now my stock shot. This week I am hitting mainly shanks, with a few fats and thins thrown in just to confuse matters. Golf is done.

I've perfected the art of shanking too. My semi shank is still a work in progress but the full blown slice is coming on a treat. Making a nice bit of modern art with the ball marks on the side of the bay and wondering if its too late as a Turner pize entry

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
As a drill to fix the Top-Ranks, At the range place a high rubber tee in the mat. Place balls one inch (2.5 cm) inside the tee and hit the ball while missing the tee. You will soon work out what you need to do to fix the problem.