Covers that are better than the original

Steve Wilkes

Visit site
Two that spring to mind are Hallelujah by Jeff Buckley and Johnny Was by Stiff Little Fingers.
I've finally found a forum meet partner that I can talk about music to. I converted two guys I know to SLF by getting them to listen to Johnny Was in the 80's, A brilliant cover that their sound fits the words perfectly. I didn't know to a few years later it was written by Bob Marley's Wife

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
D L Byron's You Can't Hurry Love ( from the film 'Times Square' ) - much better than either the Supremes or Phil Collins.
Rodrigo y Gabriela's cover of Metallica's 'Orion'
Will a2lso support the choice of Cyndi Lauper's "Girls just wanna have fun" - and i have a very fond liking of a cover of 'Without You' by an un-named Oompah band performing in the streets of Lucerne. Took a while to recognise it - but never been bettered.

IanMcC

Visit site
I've finally found a forum meet partner that I can talk about music to. I converted two guys I know to SLF by getting them to listen to Johnny Was in the 80's, A brilliant cover that their sound fits the words perfectly. I didn't know to a few years later it was written by Bob Marley's Wife
Nice to meet someone like minded musically. A glance through all of the music threads on here tends to lean towards AOR and heavy rock. Im more of a post punk kind of chap. The Fall were my favourite band for decades.

sunshine

Visit site
I shot the sheriff - Bob Marley
Live and Let Die - Guns n roses
All along the watch tower - Jimi H
It's my life - No Doubt

And any John Lewis christmas advert

Steve Wilkes

Visit site
Nice to meet someone like minded musically. A glance through all of the music threads on here tends to lean towards AOR and heavy rock. Im more of a post punk kind of chap. The Fall were my favourite band for decades.
Going to check out The Fall, I remember them but not heard their music. Back in the day my favourites were SLF, The Skids, The Members, The Dickies and most of the Pop Punk bands which I still listen to nearly everyday I'm in the car, these will be mixed with my favourite genre of the last 20 years Ska Punk. With the lack of commercial airplay these bands are hardly ever heard of (Spunge, Reel Big Fish, Los Fastidious, Codename Colin), 3 of these I've been to see play live in the last 5 months