Courses on common land

doublebogey7

Head Pro
Visit site
Minchinhampton Old, is another one with cows roaming and also two relatively busy roads criss crossing the course with nothing stopping balls colliding with vehicles. Surprised theh get away with it today.

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Hankley Common.:)

My course has a bridlepath running through it. Get quite a few horse riders, and you don’t get relief as I understand horses don’t count as burrowing animals.:eek:

sunshine

Visit site
West Herts has lots of paths and people cycling, walking and jogging across holes, completely oblivious to golfers. On one hole a guy ran in front of the tee when I was hitting driver, death wish.

memememe

Visit site
Minchinhampton Old, is another one with cows roaming and also two relatively busy roads criss crossing the course with nothing stopping balls colliding with vehicles. Surprised theh get away with it today.
If you think it's bad now, think what it must have been like a while back. Some of the holes were changed as they used to play over the roads and at least one green was a lot closer to the road than it is now.

The old timers still moan about the course being altered and tell everyone "it's not like it used to be".

sunshine

Visit site
I am guessing that Berkhamsted is on common land given that it is located on Berkhamsted Common, and there are roads running through the course.