Courses near Channel Tunnel

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Sorry, thought I’d said, at Sittingbourne:)

I've enjoyed a few games at Sittingbourne over the years . I think the answer might be to arrange a game at the 3 courses in the spring when they are starting to improve from the winter conditions . I think the 3 courses are included in the reciprocal deal we all have .

Swingalot

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Canterbury is the best by miles (y):cool:

I would happily play all of the courses mentioned and all enjoyable, apart from Etchinghill I'm afraid. Not my cup of tea at all I'm afraid. Played on the side of a hill, you need 1 leg longer than the other and for one of the holes you are told to aim at the pylon that is in the middle of the fairway and then land your 2nd shot 60 yards short and watch it hopefully roll onto the green!

Replace the pylon with a windmill was my reply when first told how to play that hole !

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site

I would happily play all of the courses mentioned and all enjoyable, apart from Etchinghill I'm afraid. Not my cup of tea at all I'm afraid. Played on the side of a hill, you need 1 leg longer than the other and for one of the holes you are told to aim at the pylon that is in the middle of the fairway and then land your 2nd shot 60 yards short and watch it hopefully roll onto the green!

Replace the pylon with a windmill was my reply when first told how to play that hole !

So, you're not too keen on Etchinghill?

Sats

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site

Canterbury is my home town, but it's a bit weary to get to from where I live, lovely course as it Ashford. Etchinghill main bugbear with me is it is crowded every time I play.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Let's look to sort something with us all in early spring. After 20mm rain last night they may be a little damp at present ?