Courses near Channel Tunnel

Sports_Fanatic

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Will be heading to Le Touquet at the start of May next year for the annual golf trip. Travelling down from the Midlands the day before taking the tunnel across.

Just wondering if anyone had recommendations for golf in and around Maidstone/Ashford area as we'll stay there the night before. Ideally thinking c.£50 or less for a mid-week round.

Had considered Crowborough having played it a bit as a kid but not sure how much it's changed or whether it is to out the way to make it worthwhile.

Any thoughts appreciated? Other option was travelling down later and playing at Top Golf by the M25 if that's any good?

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Played West Malling many years ago - when only 1 course had been opened - and my memory of it was that it was quite good.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
You got Tudor Park just near junction 8 of the M20, West Malling near the M20/26 split. Depending on when you're doing this, there's Bearstead or Wrotham Heath. Obviously there's Ashford.
As nice as Crowborough is, I would have thought it a tad too far from your journey path to be viable. You obviously go past the London Club on the M20, just before Wrotham hill, but whether you could get a deal for a weekday round at £50 I don't know.
I'm quite sure you could get on at my place for under £50 just depends on what day of the week it is, and thats junction 5 of the M2, at the intersection with the A249 which goes to Maidstone/M20:)

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Don’t know much about the courses in the area, but have played Littlestone a few times, and it is lovely. Last few holes as tough as old boots when played into the wind. Also a really friendly club. Lucky to be
playing there again next April having bought a four ball voucher in a charity auction.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Ashford is a parkland course with many holes quite tight and tree lined. Depending on how early spring is it can be in bloom in early May or still quite bare. The club is 100+ years old, the course not quite that but pretty near. The only down side is that the M20 runs alongside it so you will hear it on several holes. It's as good a course as any member one in the area imo. Anything I can help with just ask ??

Sats

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
You can always go to my club sene valley - If you need a guest fee let me know. Or there's etchinghill both off junction 11 on the M20.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
SV is horrendous most of the time - especially wet!

A tad unfair imo, most East Kent courses are on clay and when we have torrential rain as we have recently the water doesn't drain quickly but I've played Sene many times and it is a very decent club and course. The members of the courses in the area all rate their own as the best but Ashford, Sene and Canterbury are all decent tracks

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
A tad unfair imo, most East Kent courses are on clay and when we have torrential rain as we have recently the water doesn't drain quickly but I've played Sene many times and it is a very decent club and course. The members of the courses in the area all rate their own as the best but Ashford, Sene and Canterbury are all decent tracks
I dont consider mine a bad track either...if you fancy a game sometime;)

Last edited: