Courses near Basque Country in 2020

Diamond

Visit site
Morning.
Myself and a friend are staying in San Sebastian in June 2020. We have tickets for 2 games in Bilbao for the Euro Championships and will have a hire car. The idea is to have a couple of days where we can play a round of golf. The Air B and B owner has suggested we play in Biarritz as the courses are more “beautiful “ and fees more reasonable. We will look at hiring clubs etc at the course if possible as my brief internet search has not provided anywhere to rent them near Bilbao airport.
Any help and advice would be much appreciated.

Oh and Happy New Year

Diamond

Visit site
Well this trip is well and truly cancelled but I still have a week off (June 19th - 26th June). The idea is to play some courses so hopefully by then clubs are allowing guests. As I live in the north west there are some good local courses at a reasonable price with a county card. Happy to pay up to £40/£50 quid. We were hoping to maybe play some good courses in north wales but not sure if Welsh courses will be open to visitors in a months time.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
A shame.

If you ever go there again, go and play Seve's old course - Pedrena, its a cracker and you can see why he won the Masters at Augusta. A brilliant course with raised greens and although not long was very tricky and tough. Its on a promontory with beautiful views over they bay at Santander, and I'm sure the wind can get up because of its location.
I played it on the way back from the European cup final in Madrid last year, glad I went out of my way to play it, as its just over an hour from Bilbao.

Last edited:

Diamond

Visit site
A shame.

If you ever go there again, go and play Seve's old course - Pedrena, its a cracker and you can see why he won the Masters at Augusta. A brilliant course with raised greens and although not long was very tricky and tough. Its on a promontory with beautiful views over they nay at Santander, and I'm sure the wind can get up because of its location.
I played it on the way back from the European cup final in Madrid last year, glad I went out of my way to play it, as its just over an hour from Bilbao.

I do intend to travel there but I have lost a lot of faith in the budget airlines. Airbnb On the other hand were superb with the cancellation as were Hertz. I don’t see myself flying anytime soon though.

Diamond

Visit site
You need to ask Nicola Sturgeon that! ?

Some courses are already taking visitors in Wales depending on how busy they are with members.

All singles unless household groups so far, still time for that to change though

Fingers crossed For June then, never heard of Nicola Sturgeon does she have a golf you tube channel?