Courses in the UK you would not recommend

Pants

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Lydd. Soulless goat track. Winner by a mile.

A mate of mine has played there a couple of times recently and reckons it's not a bad track. Different, yes, but in good condition nevertheless. Greens ok as well.
Did a search (yes, I know, but it's getting dark and I had nothing better to do) and it was actually about 12 years ago that you played there. Things can, and often do, change over time.

That's the danger of threads like this.

HarrogateHacker

Visit site
Leen valley golf club. Hucknall Nottingham.
Not sure if the course is still going. I know the range is but my god. You won’t find one worse. Only place I’ve walked off of due to conditions of the course in two holes.

This one actually came to my mind also when I saw the thread, not the best is it, however it was quite cheap to play when I went so was kind of as expected.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
A mate of mine has played there a couple of times recently and reckons it's not a bad track. Different, yes, but in good condition nevertheless. Greens ok as well.
Did a search (yes, I know, but it's getting dark and I had nothing better to do) and it was actually about 12 years ago that you played there. Things can, and often do, change over time.

You may be right but I can only go on the impression I had at the time. If I was ever down that way again I am happy to try it again and if we got a forum group up would try to go with an open mind. It was more the stuff like the lack of players, hand drawn and photocopied yardage chart, lack of food etc that tarnished the trip. I remember the first hole but after that can't remember a single hole after that so it clearly didn't leave any sort of impression

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site

Spot on. When this kind of thread popped up annually, one poster would always chuck in the course I was playing at then - from a memory that I think was from 20+ years ago. "Field with flags" or such like. Was always baffled, as had elevation changes and several 80+ year old trees. Plus all the stuff that had grown up in 20+ years and altered layout etc. Offered a game a couple of times for a new view but no take up.
Still did forgive him ??

Jamesbrown

Head Pro
Visit site
This one actually came to my mind also when I saw the thread, not the best is it, however it was quite cheap to play when I went so was kind of as expected.

I played it when I first started about 8 years ago and the course was full and it was great for £7
I returned a couple of years ago as wanted somewhere to go at the weekend with friends in peak season and the place hadn’t been mowed, daisys everywhere and the flags were made from old flannels and t shirts.

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Oh thats lovely to hear! Its far better than it was 2 years ago, new greenkeeper does a great job with what hes inherited. We have better/ faster greens than a few courses close by in my opinion! - albeit they are smaller!

Just a rather boring back 9.. trying to get them to build a lake across 11, 12 and 13 but they arent having it :ROFLMAO:
Is that Ravenmeadow in Worcester