Course Record

• Thread starter Deleted member 16999
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 16999

Our course record was beaten yesterday after 24 years, a member shot Gross 63 playing off +2, his round included 8 birdies and 1 bogey.

How long has your course record lasted?

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Ours is fairly new and has been broken a few times as its a new course layout since the changes 3 years ago. Curent one was done during the Amateur championship in June, the prev one lasted a day as it was beaten 2nd quality round. I even had it myself as I won the first medal with a gross 74, but was beaten the next week? by a good golfer

D

Deleted member 3432

Ours is fairly new and has been broken a few times as its a new course layout since the changes 3 years ago. Curent one was done during the Amateur championship in June, the prev one lasted a day as it was beaten 2nd quality round. I even had it myself as I won the first medal with a gross 74, but was beaten the next week? by a good golfer

Even if your course record lasted a week you were still the course record holder on a 'serious' course. ?

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I cant remember what ours are..the cards are framed in the clubhouse bar but, as its shut due to Covid isolating, I cant find out what they are...

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I cant remember what ours are..the cards are framed in the clubhouse bar but, as its shut due to Covid isolating, I cant find out what they are...

Fragger is up there as having the most 2 shot holes

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
60:eek: Andy Sullivan. Must have been about 8 years ago. Previous record was 63 set be Steve Richardson. Common link both Ryder Cup players.

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
I claim to have held our course record for a minute and a half.
We had two new holes built that opened in 1995.
First individual comp I tapped in for a 72 on the 18th. Chap I was playing with 2-putted for a 71. He held the record for a whole week.
Current course record is 7-under 63 done a couple of years ago by a member. My best is 67 - years ago.

Last edited:

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I had 2 records, the course was in transition and the first was a 66 and then they opened the new holes so no one had a chance to beat it. Then the first competition on the new course that was a qualifier, Pro and assistant pro entered plus all the cat 1s and I shot a 70, 2 shots clear of the field .. the course is no more so dunno if anyone shot lower, pretty sure they did because it shut in 2011 and I did that back in 98-99 ish .. cannot remember.
It was my last competition before having to get a real job and I did not play comps for 10 years after that … and something happened in between ☹️

AAC

Visit site
Not sure what our course record is but I know it isn't held by either Tom Lewis or Sir Nick Faldo.

We held our Commemeration Jug Trophy a couple of weeks ago, its open to any current club champion from the UK, of nearly 90 rounds there were only 4 sub par scores all day, I think the lowest player was +5, our 17 year old club champ won it, he's off +4