Course Of The Month In This Months GM

• Thread starter Deleted member 1740
  • Start date

scratch

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I don't agree. I'll never own (or drive) a Veyron but I'd expect to see one in a mag. I'll never play Augusta either but I expect to see that too.

This isn't comparing apples with apples, if you have the money you can buy a Veyron. If you have the money, you can't play Queenwood, Renaissance etc.

bladeplayer

Money List Winner
Visit site
I don't agree. I'll never own (or drive) a Veyron but I'd expect to see one in a mag. I'll never play Augusta either but I expect to see that too.

Yep i agree with James ..

Just wondering out of total curiosity , for the guys who dont want suposadly un playable ones in the mag , haw many of the playable ones have you gone & played after reading about it in GM .. its just a thought ,

on the bright side At least ya get a glipmpse of top end courses you might not otherwise get to see without GM's article ..

Havent got this months mag yet , joy of the Irish Newsagents , but i have seen some of Kevin Murrays photos of courses around the world , top man & top photographer so im looking forward to reading this..

Tiger

Money List Winner
rub-of-the-green.blogspot.com
I'm confused surely if money was no object you'd become a member. Playing a course once is like a test drive...

Personally I look at those courses and just think wow that is stunning. The liklihood is I won't play the vast majority of courses that stir those emotions.

scratch

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
You reckon Augusta are going to let you rock up and join just because you are a millionaire?? Dream on guys.

And it is hardly practical to go round joining all the uber exclusive clubs just to play them once.

JezzE

GM Staff
Visit site
You reckon Augusta are going to let you rock up and join just because you are a millionaire?? Dream on guys.

And it is hardly practical to go round joining all the uber exclusive clubs just to play them once.

I think you'd get into Renaissance okay though, which was what sparked this debate.

pbrown7582

Money List Winner
Visit site
Yes you can, you just have to have enough money to join.

or mix in the right social circles of someone who is a member.

I dont see any reason to exclude any course from the mag, it is good to see stunning pics and read about courses all over the country and world most, most of us will never play but doesnt stop our interest in all things golf.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Looking at this objectively my only issue would be which section the article is in. I suppose I see the course of the month as a recommendation to go out and play as soon as you can get the chance. Restrictions on access prevents that. As such I am more than happy to read articles on any course but I see the course of the month as a recommendation and would expect to be able to play it and maybe do not see that as the place for courses open only to members and guests

Dodger

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
All you all need to know is that the Renaissance is vastly over rated as a golf course.

Many others in East Lothian never mind Scotland that I would rather play than that place.

scratch

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Looking at this objectively my only issue would be which section the article is in. I suppose I see the course of the month as a recommendation to go out and play as soon as you can get the chance. Restrictions on access prevents that. As such I am more than happy to read articles on any course but I see the course of the month as a recommendation and would expect to be able to play it and maybe do not see that as the place for courses open only to members and guests

This is the correct answer ^^^ :thup:

bluewolf

Money List Winner
Visit site
Got to agree with Stu here. When I read these reviews, I want to be thinking about getting some friends together and arranging an outing to the course in question. I don't want to have my appetite for a course whetted, then to be told that I can't play it anyway.