Couples of Nights in Manchester - Hotel Suggestions Please

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Me and Mrs Hogan are looking for a good hotel in centre of Manchester for a 2-3 night stay (early March). Any suggestions anyone. We accept you often have to pay a bit for 'good' so happy to pay £100+ a night.

bluewolf

Money List Winner
Visit site
Me and Mrs Hogan are looking for a good hotel in centre of Manchester for a 2-3 night stay (early March). Any suggestions anyone. We accept you often have to pay a bit for 'good' so happy to pay £100+ a night.
The Hilton in the centre is fantastic. Upgrade to the Exec package and you get access to the exec lounge with a free bar and nibbles between 5 & 8. Breakfast in the exec lounge as well.

NWJocko

Tour Winner
Visit site
Midland, Lowry, Hilton Beetham Tower?

There are some smaller ones (St James' maybe?), not sure on price though.

All of those about 5/10 minutes walk to City Centre..

ADB

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Anywhere but the Brittania - worst hotel I have ever had the misfortune to stay.

The Radisson Blu looked nice, but really plenty of good choices in the Centre.

bluewolf

Money List Winner
Visit site
Whatever you do, don't stay at Sacha's Hotel.. I don't know how I ended up booked in there but I should have been tipped off when the receptionist asked if I'd like to upgrade to a room with a window!!!!:eek:

Oh, and it's worth noting that Manchester considers itself as England's second city, and charges accordingly.. Head into Castlefield or Spinningfields and you will be looking at the best part of a fiver for a decent pint of lager or Bitter... Head to Gaucho for a Steak and you won't get much change out of £100 for 2 people (and that's without wine)... There are bargains to be had though...

Aztecs27

Money List Winner
Visit site
Whatever you do, don't stay at Sacha's Hotel.. I don't know how I ended up booked in there but I should have been tipped off when the receptionist asked if I'd like to upgrade to a room with a window!!!!:eek:

Oh, and it's worth noting that Manchester considers itself as England's second city, and charges accordingly.. Head into Castlefield or Spinningfields and you will be looking at the best part of a fiver for a decent pint of lager or Bitter... Head to Gaucho for a Steak and you won't get much change out of £100 for 2 people (and that's without wine)... There are bargains to be had though...

Just grab one of the buses from Oxford Road down to Curry Mile and be done with it, says I.

bluewolf

Money List Winner
Visit site
Just grab one of the buses from Oxford Street down to Curry Mile and be done with it, says I.

Now that's a plan... Last time I was in Rusholme, my missus went into labour with our first.. Fortunately we were eating with a friend who is a Gynecologist, who spotted the early symptoms and rang the hospital... I was gutted because my food had just arrived...

Birchy

Money List Winner
Visit site
Now that's a plan... Last time I was in Rusholme, my missus went into labour with our first.. Fortunately we were eating with a friend who is a Gynecologist, who spotted the early symptoms and rang the hospital... I was gutted because my food had just arrived...

I hope you took a doggy bag with you at the very least! :whoo:

Aztecs27

Money List Winner
Visit site

My mate used to live on a street behind Curry Mile in Rusholme when he was a stoodent...Bit of a dodgy area, but went up as often as I could for gigs etc at the Academy, and we'd always have a pre-gig curry at one of the curry houses there. Never found a bad one!

Spent so much time in Manchester over the years. Mostly at the Academy or Grand Central or the Thirsty Scholar down by Oxford Road station. Great rock pubs.

Oh and Satan's Hollow - which is a quality rock club.

Birchy

Money List Winner
Visit site
Nope, as I was leaving, I turned round just in time to see our friends divvying up my Chicken Shashlik and Peshwari Naan.... Heartbreaking...:(

I trust they are now ex friends :D

Mind you, I possibly would of done the same myself :whistle:

bluewolf

Money List Winner
Visit site
My mate used to live on a street behind Curry Mile in Rusholme when he was a stoodent...Bit of a dodgy area, but went up as often as I could for gigs etc at the Academy, and we'd always have a pre-gig curry at one of the curry houses there. Never found a bad one!

Spent so much time in Manchester over the years. Mostly at the Academy or Grand Central or the Thirsty Scholar down by Oxford Road station. Great rock pubs.

Oh and Satan's Hollow - which is a quality rock club.

Oxford Rd was always a great night out. Can't remember the names of the Pubs, but the one with a Micro Brewery downstairs was a cracker

I trust they are now ex friends :D

Mind you, I possibly would of done the same myself :whistle:

I would have expected no less.. When a man falters on a night out, it's the duty of the friends to snaffle his food as an act of remembrance..:D

lex!

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Rusholme is a right dodgy place, last time I was there a huge street fight was in progress, and they even had a crowd gather. Had my car broken into at the Copthorne. Best hotel we stayed in was the Premier Inn at Salford and got a cab back from town.