Couple of drills or ideas needed please

Evesdad

Tour Winner
Visit site
As above I need a couple of drills or practice ideas needed!

The first drill would be for keeping my hands infront of the club head, I've started getting into impact position a little before the ball resulting in a flick or top shot. There is no compression of the ball at all!

The second is linked to the first as I have a tendancy to get my body out of sync on the down swing looking for something to get the hips then shoulders going, I know this is a bit more feely than anything but I can fall into being a bit armsy.

Thanks for any feedback.

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
Try this...
Place a ball 12in or so behind your target ball and just inside as per the video.
Then hit your target ball without hitting the back ball.
You may want to use a small headcover instead, just in case....a bit safer :whistle:

[video=youtube;XlNeBZ-mZLk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XlNeBZ-mZLk&feature=youtu.be[/video]

richy

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Try this...
Place a ball 12in or so behind your target ball and just inside as per the video.
Then hit your target ball without hitting the back ball.
You may want to use a small headcover instead, just in case....a bit safer :whistle:

[video=youtube;XlNeBZ-mZLk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XlNeBZ-mZLk&feature=youtu.be[/video]

This is a really good drill, Bob you should be a pro ;)

Evesdad

Tour Winner
Visit site
Well finally got to the range tonight! Thanks bob drill worked a treat back to hitting half decent iron shots again!!

Now all I need to do is replicate it in tomorrows medal!

Evesdad

Tour Winner
Visit site
Didn't quite plan out today, driver was a bit off but my irons were so much better! Good few putts just didn't drop and nearly chipped in 3 times!! The score card doesn't tell the full story but came off alot happier than I have in a couple of months! Got worried warming up on the range and couldn't hit a thing!!