Correcting a push slic

Alan P Mills

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Hi,
in recent weeks I have developed a push slice with my driver, any advice on how best to correct this would be most welcome.

D

Deleted Member 1156

Release your hands through impact. If you are starting the ball to the right it means you are swinging in to out, the fade part is then caused by an open clubface. If you can learn to gently roll your hands over through the hitting zone you will turn your push slice into a draw :thup:

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
My way (of doing what D4S suggests) is to think of the Tennis shot 'Topspin Forehand down the line'. But only enough to correct the P-S. Too much (as in topspin cross-court passing shot) promotes a Duck-Hook!!! And it's old-school play - Borg, Lendl etc (even Federer) - not Nadal (or Vilas!)

Alan P Mills

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Thanks for responses all. Off to range Wednesday so will see what happens. :thup:

Well, my coordination is not good enough for top spin forehands. What I found that worked was adjusting ball position to be a tad further left, i.e. Further away from centre. That seemed to do the trick, allowed me to release through the ball without having to 'manipulate' the hands.

D

Deleted Member 1156

Well, my coordination is not good enough for top spin forehands. What I found that worked was adjusting ball position to be a tad further left, i.e. Further away from centre. That seemed to do the trick, allowed me to release through the ball without having to 'manipulate' the hands.

Excellent, glad you are hitting the ball better :)

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
:rolleyes:
Release your hands through impact. If you are starting the ball to the right it means you are swinging in to out, the fade part is then caused by an open clubface. If you can learn to gently roll your hands over through the hitting zone you will turn your push slice into a draw :thup:

:eek:

Jimbooo

Challenge Tour Pro
www.gosimply.com

Reckon you've got that backwards!

Jimbooo

Challenge Tour Pro
www.gosimply.com
Release your hands through impact. If you are starting the ball to the right it means you are swinging in to out, the fade part is then caused by an open clubface. If you can learn to gently roll your hands over through the hitting zone you will turn your push slice into a draw

So it's the swing path that determines where the ball starts and the clubface that determines the shot shape? Forgive me if I am wrong, but I thought it was the other way round.

D

Deleted Member 1156

So it's the swing path that determines where the ball starts and the clubface that determines the shot shape? Forgive me if I am wrong, but I thought it was the other way round.

You're forgiven ;)

D

Deleted Member 1156

I'm not confused, I play golf on a golf course, not on a launch monitor ;)

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
Release your hands through impact.
I would not teach that

If you are starting the ball to the right it means you are swinging in to out,
Wrong, it means the clubface is pointing right

the fade part is then caused by an open clubface.
Wrong, the fade part is then caused by an out to in swing.

If you can learn to gently roll your hands over through the hitting zone you will turn your push slice into a draw :thup:
Wrong. If you have an out to in swing and you roll your hands over, you're likely to hit a smother/pull hook.

Try this......
Take your putter and a ball. Swing the putter towards the hole but point the putter face 6ft right of the target.
The ball starts in the direction of the clubface.