Coronavirus - political views - supporting or otherwise...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
The question was pointing out that fines for speeding, dropping litter, parking etc are there as a deterent. The point I was making wasnt about police going down your road or speed cameras, it was about moving people on and fining them if they are breaking social distance rules so it was a deterent to them and others. As I have already pointed out on this thread I saw Police doing this on the News today and it was very effective.

Was it? Not according to the Police it wasn't;

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavi...r-uk-lockdown-split-as-britain-bakes-11985648

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
Perhaps if your timeline also had things such as Nightingale Hospitals, furlough, support for self-employed, support for small businesses etc then it would be more balanced.
Ah so it’s a one mess up, one positive action system that you want?

Making Britain great again. Truly.

drdel

Tour Rookie
Visit site
England break ranks with a United Kingdom by going it alone with 'Be Alert'
Directive not supported by Wales, NI and Scotland governments.

Sturgeon said she had to read the newspapers to find out what Johnson was planning.

If she take any notice of the newspapers then she is in need of an education.

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
Sorry but 'as much as possible' has a load of different meanings to a load of different folks
eg Take exercise AMAP
Drink water AMAP
Have sex AMAP

BBC Scotland has a moral dilemma tonight with the Johnson address timed for half an hour of prime time Sunday night TV. :unsure:
Gives a whole new twist to 'and now for viewers in Scotland'.
And dont forget your beloved leader

Exercise AMP

Ps did you watch her sensible address rather than watch the BBC headlines running along the bottom.

It seems, the Cobra meeting, the one she attended, apart from some minor changes and differences(her words) between England and Scotland the main policy is the same.

drdel

Tour Rookie
Visit site
it’s not about you being able to understand it it’s about the other bellends who haven’t listened to the current advice let alone being told they have more freedom than they thought they did before

Issue direct commands and then be accused of being a fascist and/or dictator

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Ah so it’s a one mess up, one positive action system that you want?

Making Britain great again. Truly.

That's a rather silly response. I am sure mistakes have been made, some due to the unique nature of the pandemic and some due to poor decision making. There have also been excellent decisions made over things more controllable. Compared to many other countries we have tried to look after those who are suffering financially and also ensured the NHS has not been overwhelmed.

Hindsight is a useful tool to learn from but, unless there's a "we told you so" that was blatantly ignored I'm not sure it's a useful tool to criticise so much.

U

User62651

Cabinet raging, yep I would expect a hack to come up with that. Didnt realise you followed the mussings of the Mail
Used to buy the Mail some days in the time before smartphones and when politics was something we weren't all consumed by day to day, no escaping it. Do find regular breaks of 2 or 3 days off here is a positive thing though. Like playing with a wobbly tooth, posting on here does no good but sometimes you just can't help it.;)

sussexhacker

Visit site
Issue direct commands and then be accused of being a fascist and/or dictator
No ones going to accuse him of being a dictator for telling people they have to stay inside, the lowest form of intelligence should be able to understand that order in the current circumstances unfortunately for us there appear to be a lot who don’t fall into that category in this country
It’s quite clear all the people on this thread that are up Boris ass and die hard tories who think he’s done everything he could have done so far
Here’s a reality check for you... he’s messed up

Last edited by a moderator:

Hacker Khan

Yurt Dwelling, Yoghurt Knitter
Visit site
Do you understand the following words...

"Stay at home as much as possible?"

I do. They're clear to me. Maybe I'm stupid?

Individual understanding and interpretation are two different things. And if you want something to be adhered to then it is usually better to remove as much room for individual interpretation as possible.

drdel

Tour Rookie
Visit site
You will see foot officers in city centres. You’re unlikely to see them elsewhere. That may not be community policing to you. But community policing is not about feet on the street these days.

You see? You don’t understand policing methods do you? Despite your week or so on jury service.

My car was broken into, they wrenched the steering wheel off while trying to force the column lock !

The duty officer responding to my telephone call said "...could you drive around to use as the SoC guys aren't in today being Sunday..." I did ask if the traffic patrol officers would be OK with me driving it using wrench to steer !!!. Reply was " Here's a crime number, Sir". Unfortunately, while I'd wish it was a story - it's true.

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
That's a rather silly response. I am sure mistakes have been made, some due to the unique nature of the pandemic and some due to poor decision making. There have also been excellent decisions made over things more controllable. Compared to many other countries we have tried to look after those who are suffering financially and also ensured the NHS has not been overwhelmed.

Hindsight is a useful tool to learn from but, unless there's a "we told you so" that was blatantly ignored I'm not sure it's a useful tool to criticise so much.
It’s apathy like this which keeps poor governments in charge and a poor press not questioning them.

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
I would do what I have done for the last 20 odd years just not bother as you say you can’t do anything .
But the last time my car got broken into the police just gave me a crime number and would not look for any forensic evidence.
Adding insult to injury I received a phone call three days later asking me to score out of ten the service I received from the police, you couldn’t make it up.

The police don’t generally fingerprint for thefts from motor vehicles. Haven’t done for donkey’s years. You see? Something else you don’t understand and yet see fit to criticise.

There’s a real theme developing here, the most worrying of which is the fact that you seem quite willing to dismiss 29 years of policing experience as irrelevant because it doesn’t suit your argument to accept that, just maybe, I might know what I’m talking about.

D

Deleted member 1740

Ah, that'll be the Harry Cole whose long time partner was Carrie Symonds till Boris 'stole' her. Yeah, Cole doesn't have an axe to grind...:rolleyes::ROFLMAO:

It's hilarious that whenever someone has anything negative to say against this current lot you always find something to excuse and dismiss it as bias/spin or a personal vendetta.

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
Your right I don’t understand your methods anymore

Which merely makes your choice to criticise even more bizarre.

And I’m not going to apologise for saying this. Two weeks on jury service or eleven, neither come close to making you even remotely knowledgable about modern policing.

29 years as a police officer on the other hand...........

?

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
No ones going to accuse him of being a dictator for telling people they have to stay inside, the lowest form of intelligence should be able to understand that order in the current circumstances unfortunately for us there appear to be a lot who don’t fall into that category in this country
It’s quite clear all the people on this thread that are up Boris ass and die hard tories who think he’s done everything he could have done so far
Here’s a reality check for you... he’s messed up
What about those of us that arnt die hard Torys and are sensible enough to realise that's what we have and where appropriate have to get on and deal with it.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
It's hilarious that whenever someone has anything negative to say against this current lot you always find something to excuse and dismiss it as bias/spin or a personal vendetta.

You're confusing what I think of Boris and his performance with what I think about different journo's and interviewers. If that piece had come from someone who has no (potential) axe to grind I'd take it seriously. Obviously you're not quite so discerning.

I could say that maybe I'm not quite so naïve as some who'll take anything from any source.... BTW, I think the govt's performance from before lockdown, right the way through leaves a lot to be desired, and that's me being polite.

Status
Not open for further replies.