Coronavirus - how is it/has it affected you?

larmen

Head Pro
Visit site
Without wishing to sound harsh, she may have brought it into the hospital with her.
I know a few oldies who do not seem to understand that they just might be the carrier.
Many years ago (2015ish?) they checked me for sars before admitting. Every time. No one was admitted before being swapped, so if you got it you got it there. (Simplified)

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
Without wishing to sound harsh, she may have brought it into the hospital with her.
I know a few oldies who do not seem to understand that they just might be the carrier.
I agree it could be a possibility, but she is housebound and hasn't left the house for as long as I can remember. Her contact is my brother and her carers. My brother hasn't had it and I would hope that if a carer had contracted it, they would be checking on the patients they care for. So whilst it cannot be certain she caught it in hospital, it is certainly a reasonable possibility.

D-S

Visit site
Bumped into two people at the golf club today, who interestingly had identical experiences. They both had family gatherings scheduled for Christmas and as a precaution had LFTs, one had a sniffle (he couldn't even call it a cold). the other nothing, both tested positive and had to 'cancel' Christmas. Both wives subsequently contracted it but had no symptoms. All were over 70 and all triple jabbed and very thankful for it.

Jamesbrown

Head Pro
Visit site
So it sounds like March 24th will be the official return to normal life. At long bloody last...

according to the metro (with accompanying video featuring a man with blonde hair) it was mentioned in that room with the green leather seats that
It’s January 27th that sees removal of “plan B”.

SaintHacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
according to the metro (with accompanying video featuring a man with blonde hair) it was mentioned in that room with the green leather seats that
It’s January 27th that sees removal of “plan B”.
According to sky news March 24th is the date that it will no longer be a legal requirement to isolate if you're positive, which I think will be the last remaining actual restriction on normal life

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
According to sky news March 24th is the date that it will no longer be a legal requirement to isolate if you're positive, which I think will be the last remaining actual restriction on normal life
That's a massive change. I'm surprised they would suggest that two months out but removing isolation is a major move.

Jamesbrown

Head Pro
Visit site

Oh!

Well that’s silly and hasty. Too early to say things like that, people still need accept it as part of life. The mental damage done to some is still raw.

SaintHacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Oh!

Well that’s silly and hasty. Too early to say things like that, people still need accept it as part of life. The mental damage done to some is still raw.
Have to disagree. The country is on its knees financially, people are being forced to stay off work and in a lot of cases lose money, for something which is now no worse than a bad cold in most cases. It will be part of life, probably for ever, there has to be a point where we roll up our sleeves and get on. THe jab roll out has been a huge success, and it is clearly working, so it is time to get the country back to work, and not a minut too soon.

D

Deleted member 15344

Good to see that we will soon be moving towards normal life with thre virus being treated like the flu

Jamesbrown

Head Pro
Visit site
Have to disagree. The country is on its knees financially, people are being forced to stay off work and in a lot of cases lose money, for something which is now no worse than a bad cold in most cases. It will be part of life, probably for ever, there has to be a point where we roll up our sleeves and get on. THe jab roll out has been a huge success, and it is clearly working, so it is time to get the country back to work, and not a minut too soon.

I’ve hated all restrictions from the start, but I think those who are still frightened need nudging back to normal with some positivity from the doom and gloom media before they jump to lifting everything in one swoop!
I don’t want a loud minority spoiling it all you know!

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Last edited:

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
I’ve hated all restrictions from the start, but I think those who are still frightened need nudging back to normal with some positivity from the doom and gloom media before they jump to lifting everything in one swoop!
I don’t want a loud minority spoiling it all you know!

Just because someone lifts a restriction it doesn’t mean you have to go out. There’s places here in Spain we don’t visit but they’re open. Common sense can still be applied if someone disagrees.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I have some reservations despite the untold damage it has done to my own well being but more so my colleagues that have had to nurse covid patients day in and day out for the last two years. They are physically spent and emotionally drained. We aren't seeing a decrease in numbers and it has gone up overall in the trust (more than 100 patients around the hospital) and more in ICU (up to nine - 5 triple jabbed and ALL ventilated).

Given how easily Omicrom spreads and having seen how it can affect even those triple jabbed (and put them in ICU) I am really nervous about the removal of face masks in particular. https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19...as-england-plan-b-rules-to-be-lifted-12519897 I think that is too much too soon and not something I am prepared to do yet and will keep mine on

I am not convinced we are entering a covid endgame and don't think we've seen the back of this at all and we are a long way from living with it in the same way as flu. What happens with the next mutation? What happens if it not only spreads like Omicrom, but is more deadly (not sure those in ICU would say Omicrom hasn't had an effect). In my mind this is a long way from it being the same as living with flu