Coronavirus - how is it/has it affected you?

larmen

Head Pro
Visit site
We now have Covid in the house. How have people dealt with that?
Misses is positive, got boosted about a month ago.
I got boosted about 2 months ago. Junior is too young for vaccines.

D

Deleted member 3432

Just accept you are all going to get it because you will.

We are in that boat now, I tested positive Saturday they they both have it(Mrs double jabbed and boosted, son age 8) now despite me hiding away.

Only place any of us have been is work or school. Most likely I got it at work, over 1100 positive cases on the Nuclear site I work at in the last 2 weeks. Both sets of parents are in their 80's just hoping we haven't passed it on to them as they all suffer from various ailments associated with their age. Will be leaving it a few days after testing out just to be on the safe side before I pop round to see my mam and dad

This is what worries me moving forward so to speak back to 'normal'......

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site

We are in that boat now, I tested positive Saturday they they both have it(Mrs double jabbed and boosted, son age 8) now despite me hiding away.

Only place any of us have been is work or school. Most likely I got it at work, over 1100 positive cases on the Nuclear site I work at in the last 2 weeks. Both sets of parents are in their 80's just hoping we haven't passed it on to them as they all suffer from various ailments associated with their age. Will be leaving it a few days after testing out just to be on the safe side before I pop round to see my mam and dad

Why? Mrs BiM tested positive just before Christmas, every LFT that I did whilst she was isolating in the bedroom was negative.

There was an upside to this as Mrs BiM was desperate for me to go out & play more golf so that she could have a wander round the house for a few hours. Shame the weather was so :poop:.

Last edited:

yandabrown

Visit site
Our eldest has just finished isolating, essentially grounded in her room, only allowed out to bathroom. All drinks and meals placed outside and collected later. She hated it and is now very relieved to be back to normal. None of the rest of us have caught it so far, touch wood! Everyone is triple jabbed. Probably came from the pub where she works as a waitress a couple of times a week.

Jamesbrown

Head Pro
Visit site

Three Colleagues kids have had it one twice. No onward transmission to colleagues. Kids too young to quarantine in a room so normal family things.

My Brother is still at home but didn’t pass it on to my parents when he got it. Not asked but knowing my brother I doubt he came out of his room.

Pre vaccine Missus grandad had it after coming home from hospital, he fell fatally with it on return and was washed, clothed by his wife who didn’t catch it.

Personally I’d use this as an excuse to lock away the other half and get the feet up!

larmen

Head Pro
Visit site
Problem would be to keep the 5 year old away from mummy, impossible.

We have a posh shed with the old couch in it, but that idea didn’t fly ;-(

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Vaccinating down to 5 yr old here in Spain. A few incidents of incompetence being reported. 2 children have been vaccinated even though their parents ticked ‘no’ on the permission slip. One child has been vaccinated twice on the same day.

theoneandonly

Blackballed
Visit site

2 of my kids had it over Christmas, no isolating in the home. Neither I nor Mrs caught it.

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
2 of my kids had it over Christmas, no isolating in the home. Neither I nor Mrs caught it.

If you and the missus were vaxxed, that would probably be why you didn't get it. You would not have been able to avoid being exposed.

My younger son brought it into our house. He's only 10 so we weren't strict on him isolating away from the rest of us. Myself and Mrs Colch who at the time were both double jabbed caught it. My older son who's 12 and at the time wasn't jabbed didn't catch it. Sometimes it just seems to be completely random who gets it and who doesn't. Some friends of ours who have a son and a daughter had it in their house. Son caught it at school and brought it home. Mum and daughter also got it. But neither dad or grandma in the same house caught it. All of the adults were vaxxed as was the son.

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
My younger son brought it into our house. He's only 10 so we weren't strict on him isolating away from the rest of us. Myself and Mrs Colch who at the time were both double jabbed caught it. My older son who's 12 and at the time wasn't jabbed didn't catch it. Sometimes it just seems to be completely random who gets it and who doesn't. Some friends of ours who have a son and a daughter had it in their house. Son caught it at school and brought it home. Mum and daughter also got it. But neither dad or grandma in the same house caught it. All of the adults were vaxxed as was the son.

To a degree it is random, one of you might get a large load of virus, the other less, but kids tend to spread it around pretty well. The other aspect is personal immunity. Some people are naturally a bit more resistant, in the sense that a certain load of virus might trigger symptoms in one person, but not another, although they may be equally transmissible. And if you got it, likely that the severity was damped by vax.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
3 out of the 4 of us had it at the same time before Christmas. I didn’t get it despite making no effort to avoid the other three.

theoneandonly

Blackballed
Visit site
Me and Mrs had both had the booster which is why we assumed we didn't catch it and we're happy for them to be around the house. After all what's the point in the vaccine otherwise.

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
On the three occasions one of our household has had it (me twice, daughter once) we have not isolated in the house and nobody else in the family has caught it.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
On the three occasions one of our household has had it (me twice, daughter once) we have not isolated in the house and nobody else in the family has caught it.

Mate of mine's wife had it, he tested postive on day 9 of her isolation. Tested daily prior and had a PCR test as was needed for work prior to that and all negative.