Coronavirus - how is it/has it affected you?

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
My Mum (98) had a fall at home a week ago and was taken to hospital. She was put into a restricted ward to try and prevent her getting Covid but was tested yesterday and found to be Covid positive, but no symptoms as yet. The problem is that on arrival she was in A&E in a corridor for hours, and it may well be possible she picked it up there. Annoying as she has not contracted it living at home with care visitors every day.
Without wishing to sound harsh, she may have brought it into the hospital with her.
I know a few oldies who do not seem to understand that they just might be the carrier.

larmen

Head Pro
Without wishing to sound harsh, she may have brought it into the hospital with her.
I know a few oldies who do not seem to understand that they just might be the carrier.
Many years ago (2015ish?) they checked me for sars before admitting. Every time. No one was admitted before being swapped, so if you got it you got it there. (Simplified)

Robster59

Tour Rookie
I agree it could be a possibility, but she is housebound and hasn't left the house for as long as I can remember. Her contact is my brother and her carers. My brother hasn't had it and I would hope that if a carer had contracted it, they would be checking on the patients they care for. So whilst it cannot be certain she caught it in hospital, it is certainly a reasonable possibility.

D-S

Bumped into two people at the golf club today, who interestingly had identical experiences. They both had family gatherings scheduled for Christmas and as a precaution had LFTs, one had a sniffle (he couldn't even call it a cold). the other nothing, both tested positive and had to 'cancel' Christmas. Both wives subsequently contracted it but had no symptoms. All were over 70 and all triple jabbed and very thankful for it.

So it sounds like March 24th will be the official return to normal life. At long bloody last...
according to the metro (with accompanying video featuring a man with blonde hair) it was mentioned in that room with the green leather seats that
It’s January 27th that sees removal of “plan B”.

SaintHacker

Journeyman Pro
according to the metro (with accompanying video featuring a man with blonde hair) it was mentioned in that room with the green leather seats that
It’s January 27th that sees removal of “plan B”.
According to sky news March 24th is the date that it will no longer be a legal requirement to isolate if you're positive, which I think will be the last remaining actual restriction on normal life

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
According to sky news March 24th is the date that it will no longer be a legal requirement to isolate if you're positive, which I think will be the last remaining actual restriction on normal life
That's a massive change. I'm surprised they would suggest that two months out but removing isolation is a major move.

Oh!

Well that’s silly and hasty. Too early to say things like that, people still need accept it as part of life. The mental damage done to some is still raw.

SaintHacker

Journeyman Pro
Oh!

Well that’s silly and hasty. Too early to say things like that, people still need accept it as part of life. The mental damage done to some is still raw.
Have to disagree. The country is on its knees financially, people are being forced to stay off work and in a lot of cases lose money, for something which is now no worse than a bad cold in most cases. It will be part of life, probably for ever, there has to be a point where we roll up our sleeves and get on. THe jab roll out has been a huge success, and it is clearly working, so it is time to get the country back to work, and not a minut too soon.