Coronavirus - how is it/has it affected you?

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Yeah, it was rough having a full English this morning sat on the terrace of one of my fav restaurants overlooking the sea.:p
I remember the drongo Brit who hankered after 'full English' on a riding holiday in the Dordogne many years ago! Fresh French bread etc was far more appropriate. Weather has a big influence on 'optimum style of' breakfast imo. Aformentioned Brit was from Ipswich, so probably used to chillier mornings that in Sarlat at that time of year.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
2 yrs into this and the first member of staff to test positive happens today. Bother was the word I used, probably. As a small company it has quite an impact but maybe we have been lucky to get away with it so far. She is fine, a bit achey, so it is simply an inconvenience for us all.

SaintHacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Wifes pre school is now 6 members of staff down, getting towards the point where they will have to start prioritising which children can attend and which will be asked not to come in until they have more staff?

larmen

Head Pro
Visit site
A German medical journal (Arztezeitung) has found a new symptom for Corona virus. If you pass out repeatedly, please to a test, it could be a sign of Covid!

Seriously, who when passing out (repeatedly) isn't going to contact either A&E or a GP anyway?

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I've read a few posts on Social Media where a number of people are saying they've had their fourth Covid vaccination. I can't find anything saying the NHS are giving fourth jabs. Anyone know about this?

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I use the train fairly regularly and I’d say compliance is at around 90-95%. Those not complying tend to be primarily the under 30’s.

Don't think its as high as 9-95% certainly not on the route I use daily. I would say more 80-85% and definitely the younger end of the scale (school kids and those up to about 25) but there is also a large number still wearing them incorrectly with it not pulled over the nose

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
I've read a few posts on Social Media where a number of people are saying they've had their fourth Covid vaccination. I can't find anything saying the NHS are giving fourth jabs. Anyone know about this?

Rubbish.
If there was a second booster, it would be all over the news and it's not so there isn't.

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site

Clinically vulnerable people with immunological conditions got an extra one. No plans for an extra booster for everybody else.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Clinically vulnerable people with immunological conditions got an extra one. No plans for an extra booster for everybody else.
Wasn't it a 3rd Primary dose? So Booster makes 4 for them? Or are Primary and Booster doses 'the same' albeit different A/Vs? I know of someone in that category - who is still hanging on.

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
My Mum (98) had a fall at home a week ago and was taken to hospital. She was put into a restricted ward to try and prevent her getting Covid but was tested yesterday and found to be Covid positive, but no symptoms as yet. The problem is that on arrival she was in A&E in a corridor for hours, and it may well be possible she picked it up there. Annoying as she has not contracted it living at home with care visitors every day.
Without wishing to sound harsh, she may have brought it into the hospital with her.
I know a few oldies who do not seem to understand that they just might be the carrier.