Coronavirus - how is it/has it affected you?

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
We're spitting tacks at the moment having just heard from our daughter of multiple friends of hers - friends that we ourselves know - who are using the latitude that the current rules provide to quite deliberately act in ways that overstep the mark into behaviour that risks cross-infection and spread. And they use the rules to justify their behaviour - well...they say - we're only just a little bit breaking the rules - just a bit over - and after all...nobody will really notice - all done surreptitiously.

Their behaviour is reckless, selfish and disrespectful to those who have died; those who have lost loved ones; those who have watched loved ones suffer alone, and those who's lives have been wrecked or are on hold - for whom an end to this is not simply needed as respite from boredom or the frustration that gives rise to 'i've had enough of this...'

Many people are looking to the future with desperation and fear - and such as my daughter's friends are only exacerbating things. And the thing is - they know better - but simply think that - well - it'll be alright. I myself fear that it just won't. Given an inch - many seem to be taking a mile. And so I fear for the way the re-opening of schools is expected to happen...and the expected behaviours that will be essential to make that safe and low risk in respect of transmission of the virus.

Unfortunately my wife took her anger and frustration out on our daughter - it's not her fault... after all - her b/f is one of those whose life is on hold and who depends upon things opening back up for his work to resume.

Last edited:

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
We're spitting tacks at the moment having just heard from our daughter of multiple friends of hers - friends that we ourselves know - who are using the latitude that the current rules provide to quite deliberately act in ways that overstep the mark into behaviour that risks cross-infection and spread. And they use the rules to justify their behaviour - well...they say - we're only just a little bit breaking the rules - just a bit over - and after all...nobody will really notice - all done surreptitiously.

Their behaviour is reckless, selfish and disrespectful to those who have died; those who have lost loved ones; those who have watched loved ones suffer alone, and those who's lives have been wrecked or are on hold - for whom an end to this is not simply needed as respite from boredom or the frustration that gives rise to 'i've had enough of this...'

Many people are looking to the future with desperation and fear - and such as my daughter's friends are only exacerbating things. And the thing is - they know better - but simply think that - well - it'll be alright. I myself fear that it just won't. Given an inch - many seem to be taking a mile. And so I fear for the way the re-opening of schools is expected to happen...and the expected behaviours that will be essential to make that safe and low risk in respect of transmission of the virus.

Report them?

SaintHacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
My best mate - 27 years old - had asthma as a kid but not suffered since about 15/16 years old - offered vaccine by his GP and took it.

Hes perfectly fit and healthy, but if offered, whos going to say no? Apprently his GP is just "ahead" with their vaccine programme

A couple of mates who are in their late 40s got the text out of the blue, bothbwent and had it without question although neither could really understand why they were eligible. I think where I live we are well ahead of the curve.

If it lets you book it then get on and do it, you're not queue jumping. Different areas are clearly at different stages of the roll out. And the sooner you crusties all get done the sooner us whippersnappers will get ours!??

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
Thanks Ethan. I booked both myself and wife a little while ago because of the discussion here (March 12 was the first). I just don't understand why there hasn't been an announcement that people like myself (63, wife 60) are able to book a jab. Feel a little bad sliding into an appointment like this without "permission".....

Because not everywhere is ready for that group. The populations differ and some places have been faster off the mark. Others will probably catch up.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Report them?
yes...I know...they are all close friends of us and our daughter...it is really difficult but we really should...and that is why we are so angry. it's the thinking that says - 'Only my friends will know and they won't clipe on me'

But it is I fear an attitude that is prevalent across the country across all demographics and communities. I'm being given an inch - well - no one will really notice if I take a mile - just this once...or twice. It's systemic on being given latitude for our behaviours.

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
A couple of mates who are in their late 40s got the text out of the blue, bothbwent and had it without question although neither could really understand why they were eligible. I think where I live we are well ahead of the curve.

If it lets you book it then get on and do it, you're not queue jumping. Different areas are clearly at different stages of the roll out. And the sooner you crusties all get done the sooner us whippersnappers will get ours!??

When you say "you crusties".... you know im in my 20's right :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

D

Deleted member 16999

Same happened to the lad next door to me, he, as far as he is aware, is healthy, can’t remember the last time he went the docs, he’s 47, contacted by GP, only thing he can think off is that he had a deep vein thrombosis 12 years ago, but even that may be stretching it.?‍♂️

ger147

Tour Winner
Visit site
Same happened to the lad next door to me, he, as far as he is aware, is healthy, can’t remember the last time he went the docs, he’s 47, contacted by GP, only thing he can think off is that he had a deep vein thrombosis 12 years ago, but even that may be stretching it.?‍♂️

I'm waiting for my GP to phone me back. I took an allergic reaction to some tulips back in 1987, worth a try...

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
Thanks....it makes sense when you explained why.

No problem. So you might imagine that Eastbourne, for example, with a very large retired community, might take longer to get through them than somewhere with a much younger demographic, but ince Eastbourne gets through the retired, will speed up a lot going down through the youngsters.

larmen

Head Pro
Visit site
only thing he can think off is that he had a deep vein thrombosis 12 years ago, but even that may be stretching it.?‍♂️
The way Ethan explained the immune reaction and why people seem to recover before suddenly passing away involved blood clods. At least in my memory.
And if you once had them it’s more likely to get them again. So a risk group.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site

Whippersnapper?!? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

You've obviously had a hard life:LOL::LOL::LOL:

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
So......ignore the rules if it will let you.....do what you think is best for yourself? Got it....
The age requirement has changed and the web site was updated to allow 60+. Nobodys ignoring rules, we are actively informing 60+ to get on and book in our area to fill booking slots.

We would rather not stand around doing nothing when vaccines are available.