Coronavirus - how is it/has it affected you?

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Who is saying that? The rollout is taking place at different pace in different places, and you will only be let book if you match the criteria that apply in your area at the time (assuming you have not been misreported as being 6.2 cm tall). If the system lets you book an appointment, then you are eligible and not queue jumping and you should book and attend. Faffing around calling the surgery, postponing, booking again is not helpful and only wastes time that could be used vaccinating.

Thank you Ethan couldn't say better myself.

My mum is very excited to get her jab especially as she returns to the classroom the week after. She feels a lot safer

But hey some people won't listen regardless they will wait for a letter that will delay the process ..

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
Thank you Ethan couldn't say better myself.

My mum is very excited to get her jab especially as she returns to the classroom the week after. She feels a lot safer

But hey some people won't listen regardless they will wait for a letter that will delay the process ..

Exactly, or you'll have vaccination teams sitting around doing nothing.
The sooner everyone gets the vaccine the better.

DanFST

Head Pro
Visit site
So......ignore the rules if it will let you.....do what you think is best for yourself? Got it....

Backend and front end are different things in web development.

The actual system will be up to date, and only allow you to book if you are allowed. The age you see on the main web page will be updated manually by a person.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Had a quick look last night and was able to get to the point that I could choose a vaccination centre so I guess that means I will be able to book an appointment so will have a look and book later.
I have just tried to book an appointment and I get a message...

You were unable to go to/missed your 1st appointment to get the coronavirus vaccination.

This means you need to book both of your appointments again.

Click continue to book both of your appointments again.

Last night I got to the point of being offered vaccination centres close to me. Not this time - and I am confused as I have not yet booked an appointment (and so clearly also can't have missed it). But OK - so I tried clicking Continue to book my appointments again and simply looped to the same message.

:(

D

Deleted member 15344

So......ignore the rules if it will let you.....do what you think is best for yourself? Got it....
Ignore what rules ?

If the website allows someone to book then it means that no rule is being broken - my brother who is 40 and his wife who is 36 have both had the vaccine because my parents were working at the centre and they had vaccines left over that had to be used - there isn’t a set of “rules” to follow with the vaccine program

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Exactly, or you'll have vaccination teams sitting around doing nothing.
The sooner everyone gets the vaccine the better.

Plus myself and my dad were contacted directly by the NHS service to book. We did so and were told they would contact again for second jab

I tried my details just to see and it offered me second jab 11 weeks after My first so me and dad booked it in for the same day

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I have just tried to book an appointment and I get a message...

You were unable to go to/missed your 1st appointment to get the coronavirus vaccination.

This means you need to book both of your appointments again.

Click continue to book both of your appointments again.

I am confused as I have not yet booked an appointment (and so clearly also can't have missed it). But OK - so I tried clicking Continue to book my appointments again and simply looped to the same message.

:(

Dw mate I did same as you with second I left the process

Basically if you filled it in just click book again and it will let you

You didn't complete your booking that's why

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Ignore what rules ?

If the website allows someone to book then it means that no rule is being broken - my brother who is 40 and his wife who is 36 have both had the vaccine because my parents were working at the centre and they had vaccines left over that had to be used - there isn’t a set of “rules” to follow with the vaccine program

Another smart decision. Need to maximize role out efficiency not just wait behind set numbers that could delay everything

That's two less people to worry about when it comes to everyone

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Backend and front end are different things in web development.

The actual system will be up to date, and only allow you to book if you are allowed. The age you see on the main web page will be updated manually by a person.

Also if this was an error the amount of over 60s that have booked as it's been online, twitter and fb aswell it would have been removed by now and updated so you can't book

Mandofred

Visit site
Ignore what rules ?

This....off the front page of the NHS site. Distinctly states who is supposed to use the site.

Who can use this service
You can only use this service if any of the following apply:

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
This....off the front page of the NHS site. Distinctly states who is supposed to use the site.

Who can use this service

Right.

You have Liverpoolphil and myself agreeing on a subject for first time in forum history

You have Ethan who works for the NHS I believe agreeing

You have Dan who explained how websites work front end and back end

And the fact websites don't just let anyone book if your 59 it won't work

Yet their everyone else is incorrect because you think your right?

Take a look at yourself

D

Deleted member 15344

Who can use this service

It’s not hardened fast rules , one of the guys who works for me was told to use the site and he is below 64 - it’s a generic front page because not all the local areas are at the same level - some are now doing under 60’s with Asthma , and the website will allow you to book if your NHS number has been flagged by the GP or postcode is in an area doing under 64’s now

At the end of the day people are getting the vaccine - that’s all that matters , the vunerable have had and now they are going to finish the population- I don’t care if I get it tomorrow or I’m the very last person to get it , they are doing an amazing job and the public have got right behind them

No one is breaking rules or queue jumping in the UK

Mandofred

Visit site
Right.

You have Liverpoolphil and myself agreeing on a subject for first time in forum history

You have Ethan who works for the NHS I believe agreeing

You have Dan who explained how websites work front end and back end

And the fact websites don't just let anyone book if your 59 it won't work

Yet their everyone else is incorrect because you think your right?

Take a look at yourself
I hate to look at myself....getting old.

I am following the rules put out by the NHS, why are you so upset?

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I hate to look at myself....getting old.

I am following the rules put out by the NHS, why are you so upset?

Your not following the rules your being a pedant. If your over 60 try your details and it lets you book take your jab and don't be a complete idiot

Why delay your jab just because the front of the website is out of date .. the NHS has more to deal with than updating the website

If the system let's you book then your entitled

My mother in law is 56 and she can't book she tried so it does work

I work with someone his wife is high up in the vaccine roll out. He asked her and she says over 60s should be able to book online and if site accepts your details then you are entitled

Feel free to wait and delay the recover from covid

Mandofred

Visit site
So Ethan's information wasn't useful then was it? Considering he told you the same and he works for the NHS!
That I know of, Ethan isn't the NHS spokesperson. He gives some great advice though. My step-daughter works for the NHS as well....and......??

I know I argue too much.....I wonder if you do?

Jamesbrown

Head Pro
Visit site

I’m amazed how many people have had it and I think, isn’t there somebody more vulnerable than you that should have it first?
Don’t get me wrong if this was some vaccine for a rampant haemorrhagic fever I’d trample on anyone, so good for you all!

People would shun me for my selfishness and views on segregating society and certain groups but suddenly we’re all not so different!

There’s a seat in hell right next to me, welcome to the dark side!

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
That I know of, Ethan isn't the NHS spokesperson. He gives some great advice though. My step-daughter works for the NHS as well....and......??

I know I argue too much.....I wonder if you do?

Have you asked her advise before mouthing off?

Least I checked my sources (IE somebody who is directly involved with the vaccine roll out)

Least my "arguing" is getting more people vaccinated like Bob, swings like etc meaning it's done quicker

What you arguing for? Just to sit there self righteous and be like nope I will wait until I get a letter by the post.