Coronavirus - how is it/has it affected you?

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
This guy's girlfriend sounds Russian, she's from Liverpool.

Property is cheap, especially renovation projects. The one you've posted up isn't the cheapest. Buying direct from a Spanish agent is cheaper. Add 10% for stamp duties and fees. And if using local builders, don't use expats. They charge Brit prices.

Residencia, now the UK is no longer in the EU, is expensive. Basically, a minimum income of €27k a year - it was €9k.

Albox is a nice area but cold outside of the summer season. We can be in shorts and t-shirt down here now but its jeans, sweater and a jacket up there.

It's nothing more than a pipe dream at the minute. Will take a lot of convincing for Mrs Colch and the two jnr Colch's to even consider it. If I get anywhere with it I might have to pick your brains on the best areas to look and foreign language schools for the boys etc but I don't think I've got a chance of making it happen.

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Apparently the NHS booking site for covid has updated to over 60s but hasn't published yet

I know people who have booked in that age group

Book anyone who can

Well, well, well. Just seen this, so thought I'd give it a go. And am booked in for tomorrow. :):)
Even better is that Mrs B will never again be able to criticise about me looking at the golf forum :)

Edit: Ps; worth noting that when I looked at the NHS booking page, it was still saying it was available for "over 64" - so if you're 60-63 keep going like I did.

ExRabbit

Club Champion
Visit site
Apparently the NHS booking site for covid has updated to over 60s but hasn't published yet

I know people who have booked in that age group

Book anyone who can

Thanks for that - I'm 60 and my wife is 59, so I tried her too and it was a no-no.

I could get a jab tomorrow, but not at a local centre, so I might wait a day or two.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Had a quick look last night and was able to get to the point that I could choose a vaccination centre so I guess that means I will be able to book an appointment so will have a look and book later.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Had a quick look last night and was able to get to the point that I could choose a vaccination centre so I guess that means I will be able to book an appointment so will have a look and book later.

Grab your diary because you will be able to book both jabs

I booked my mum's first jab for next week then second jab for may

Me and dad were called by our drs . So I just used this service to book mine and his second date for a day I know I'm off work

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
SILH, what area are you in, In Notts you have been able to do that for over a month. Meant a bit of travelling if you wanted to get in earlier which kinda went against the stay local rule.

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
People should not feel shy about trying the website and if it gives you an appointment, great, attend it. The name of the game now is pushing people through fast. The more that are vaccinated, the less chance there is for Covid to circulate, fewer new cases, fewer mutations and new strains.

NearHull

Visit site
The website requires your NHS number before inputting your birthdate. if you are registered vulnerable against your NHS No, would it allow a booking, irrespective of age, or as I suspect is the main filter that allows a booking the birthdate?
(my wife and I both booked through the website by trying every day until it allowed us through to book)

MegaSteve

Tour Winner
Visit site
Almost certainly for all the wrong reasons... But, have a feeling that I've very much had a 2nd class jab with AZ... Yep, I am certainly in a better place for having the jab but keep getting these little 'doubts' creep into my head...

Mandofred

Visit site
Just looked at the NHS website for booking (sure looks like the correct site). It distinctly states at the beginning that it is only for 65 and older. Are people just ignoring the rules and doing what they want? I hope these aren't the same people that have been reminding people to follow the rules on Covid for the last year..............

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The website requires your NHS number before inputting your birthdate. if you are registered vulnerable against your NHS No, would it allow a booking, irrespective of age, or as I suspect is the main filter that allows a booking the birthdate?
(my wife and I both booked through the website by trying every day until it allowed us through to book)

Incorrect there you don't need your NHS number

You can enter it

Or use your dob , name and postcode

Either way it works

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Just looked at the NHS website for booking (sure looks like the correct site). It distinctly states at the beginning that it is only for 65 and older. Are people just ignoring the rules and doing what they want? I hope these aren't the same people that have been reminding people to follow the rules on Covid for the last year..............

If the site let's you book you are allowed to. As Ethan says

If your not allowed it won't let you

My wife is suppose to be upgraded to be allowed but hasn't been yet so can't book but my mum can even tho she is 61.. but she couldn't last week

Keep trying your details is not wrong or breaking any rules. They want everyone done and will only offer you appointment if in your area you can have it

Simple

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
People should not feel shy about trying the website and if it gives you an appointment, great, attend it. The name of the game now is pushing people through fast. The more that are vaccinated, the less chance there is for Covid to circulate, fewer new cases, fewer mutations and new strains.

Plus if the site let's you then it's fine. My mum couldn't last week but could yesterday

My wife still can't as drs hasn't updated her yet

She told her friends they all booked

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
So......ignore the rules if it will let you.....do what you think is best for yourself? Got it....

Hmm considering my wife is pre existing conditions and it says clearly there that it's for them im not ignoring the rules

There was a post yesterday that the NHS site was incorrectly saying over 64s (last week said over 65s) also there is no over 64 cat anyways they said it should say over 60s

Funny how all the over 60s can book now isn't it? Almost like it was right

Feel free to wait but the NHS want people to book themsleves they don't want to send letters they want people to be proactive and keep trying the site until their allowed to book

If the site let's you book = your allowed the jab

If the site says "you are unable to use this service" after putting in your name, dob, and postcode then guess what. Your not allowed the jab

Really is simple

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
So......ignore the rules if it will let you.....do what you think is best for yourself? Got it....

Who is saying that? The rollout is taking place at different pace in different places, and you will only be let book if you match the criteria that apply in your area at the time (assuming you have not been misreported as being 6.2 cm tall). If the system lets you book an appointment, then you are eligible and not queue jumping and you should book and attend. Faffing around calling the surgery, postponing, booking again is not helpful and only wastes time that could be used vaccinating.