Coronavirus - how is it/has it affected you?

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I’m amazed how many people have had it and I think, isn’t there somebody more vulnerable than you that should have it first?
Don’t get me wrong if this was some vaccine for a rampant haemorrhagic fever I’d trample on anyone, so good for you all!

People would shun me for my selfishness and views on segregating society and certain groups but suddenly we’re all not so different!

There’s a seat in hell right next to me, welcome to the dark side!

I'm 33. I didn't even know My condition meant I got a jab early

But 2 weeks ago I got the txt.

Asked Mt mate who's wife is involved in roll out

He said just take it.

Mandofred

Visit site
Have you asked her advise before mouthing off?

Least I checked my sources (IE somebody who is directly involved with the vaccine roll out)

Least my "arguing" is getting more people vaccinated like Bob, swings like etc meaning it's done quicker

What you arguing for? Just to sit there self righteous and be like nope I will wait until I get a letter by the post.
:) Just keep arguing......

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
Right.

You have Liverpoolphil and myself agreeing on a subject for first time in forum history

You have Ethan who works for the NHS I believe agreeing

You have Dan who explained how websites work front end and back end

And the fact websites don't just let anyone book if your 59 it won't work

Yet their everyone else is incorrect because you think your right?

Take a look at yourself

I used to work for the NHS but now work in pharmaceutical R&D.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Is that within 12 weeks of your first, just out of curiosity?

I ask only because you’re the first person I have read/heard of getting an appointment for your second jab. What’s your experience of the process been?

Where I live you are invited to book the second jab at the same time as booking the first with date being offered appropriate to the date of the first jab. My first jab at a vaccination centre was arrived, walked in to the tent a few questions, a joke or two with the nurse quick jab and out, all less than 5 minutes then a 15 minute advised sit in the car before driving home.

My daughter, who works close to the centre, said there have been queues outside some days but others have said they are very quick moving.

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
My best mate - 27 years old - had asthma as a kid but not suffered since about 15/16 years old - offered vaccine by his GP and took it.

Hes perfectly fit and healthy, but if offered, whos going to say no? Apprently his GP is just "ahead" with their vaccine programme

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
That I know of, Ethan isn't the NHS spokesperson. He gives some great advice though. My step-daughter works for the NHS as well....and......??

I know I argue too much.....I wonder if you do?

You are right, I am not an NHS spokesperson.

I see it pretty simply. If you get a legit invite for vax, take it. If you go on the site and your local service is accepting people like you, you will be able to make an appointment. If they are not accepting people like you, you won't. There will be no queue jumping.

The age limit from gov.uk you quoted is what you might call the national limit, but locally, some areas are moving faster and have opened up to younger groups. If your local service is accepting younger patients, you are helping the national effort by adding to the cohort of vaccinated people and reducing the number still to be done. You really aren't doing anybody a favour by hanging back.

Mandofred

Visit site
You are right, I am not an NHS spokesperson.

I see it pretty simply. If you get a legit invite for vax, take it. If you go on the site and your local service is accepting people like you, you will be able to make an appointment. If they are not accepting people like you, you won't. There will be no queue jumping.

The age limit from gov.uk you quoted is what you might call the national limit, but locally, some areas are moving faster and have opened up to younger groups. If your local service is accepting younger patients, you are helping the national effort by adding to the cohort of vaccinated people and reducing the number still to be done. You really aren't doing anybody a favour by hanging back.
Thanks Ethan. I booked both myself and wife a little while ago because of the discussion here (March 12 was the first). I just don't understand why there hasn't been an announcement that people like myself (63, wife 60) are able to book a jab. Feel a little bad sliding into an appointment like this without "permission".....

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Thanks Ethan. I booked both myself and wife a little while ago because of the discussion here (March 12 was the first). I just don't understand why there hasn't been an announcement that people like myself (63, wife 60) are able to book a jab. Feel a little bad sliding into an appointment like this without "permission".....

Can't believe you didn't wait your turn

Hypocrite ?

Good for you

Hope your jab goes well