Coronavirus - how is it/has it affected you?

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The biggest spreader is the schools, and until they realise schools should have been shut ages ok nothing will improve.

They will not close schools. For one education is the most important thing..

Two it's kids futures .. they can't afford to have another lost year

Three childcare. Without kids in school parents can't work etc. Which stalls their economic limp through plans.

They are doing everything to rightly keep schools open

Secondary schools will be offered weekly testing or daily testing if someone in a year tests postive instead of isolating everyone offered tests

They will shut down everything bar schools.

Children are the future.

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
https://www.itv.com/news/2020-12-19...train-leaving-london-ahead-of-tier-4-lockdown

Is anyone surprised

That’s what happens when you give the country 8 hours notice instead of the very least a day or so - stupid
Nope, not surprised. It was bound to happen. It happens every time a major city gets subject to severe restrictions - especially at short notice. Back in the year, there were similar images from Paris and from Madrid when they got put under severe restriction. I dare say it happened elsewhere too but (for me) less memorably so.

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Bit of good news, Christmas celebrations are reduced, so last night the wife was looking through this mornings Waitrose delivery. Loads of unnecessary stuff in the order, and we were thinking freeze it and live off it for the next 2-3months. However you can cancel it at the door if you don’t touch it. ?

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site

Swinglowandslow

Visit site
https://www.itv.com/news/2020-12-19...train-leaving-london-ahead-of-tier-4-lockdown

Is anyone surprised

That’s what happens when you give the country 8 hours notice instead of the very least a day or so - stupid

So we have a quart being squeezed into a pint pot. For eight hours.You think it's stupid to give only eight hours notice. What is stupid are the people not willing to help alleviate a critical situation, and who should be staying put, unless essential.
(The example given in the piece , the woman's statement ,was not essential.)
As Ethan says, it doesn't matter to them that they are spreading this virus strain over the rest of the country.
And do you really think that had there been 48 hours notice that there wouldn't have been an Exodus for that 48 hours?
Would more people or less have left than those able to in that eight hours?

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
The lockdown should have been with immediate effect. Of course the idiots were going to pile out of London. Its what they did last time. Its not enough that they are spreading it round down there. Now they are spreading round the country.

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'm not usually a conspiracy type person but I'm not sure about the new strain thing. I just think the government needed a smoking gun to stop them losing face when they done a complete u turn on the Xmas plans and the decision not to put London into tier three from the get go.
Can you imagine how much stick they would have got if this "new strain" didn't exist.
I'm not saying there isn't variants of the virus by the way. Just all very convenient

Colonel Bogey

Visit site
Is anyone even slightly surprised that the South, the most densely populated part of the country, is now facing the lockdown that they should have been in months ago? The only reason they were not put into proper lockdown, is the fact they have more facilities down there to cope, ie more hospitals and doctors and nurses, so although the virus was rife the NHS down there could cope. BUT NOW IT CAN'T!!!! And now they are rushing to get away from the dirty smell hell hole they live in and spread the virus all over the country!!! And the government are allowing this. Well of course they are, they have all the money down there. Don't want to upset money now do we? And now most of the country are to suffer due to certain people not following guidelines and spreading the virus. Me and my familly have followed the instructions to the letter and now are expected to not see evch other over Xmas due to these selfish morons. Well, to hell with that. We've done our bit to ensure we can meet up at Xmas and the governemtn can go to hell with their rules now. Have you seen to roads and shops in the lead up to xmas? In the words of Ricky tOmlinson, lockdown my ar$e! People walking around with masks, supermarkets rammed every bloomin' day. People at work who shouldn't be. Old people out shopping! Why? why????? Most people have not bothered about the tiers and obeyed rules this time. So for once in my life I'm going to go against advice and do whatever I want to do.

Don't bother to slag me off for this I'm not gonna read any replies. Just needed to vent.

Have a great Xmas. I damn well will !!!!!! I've bloody earnt it!

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
The lockdown should have been with immediate effect. Of course the idiots were going to pile out of London. Its what they did last time. Its not enough that they are spreading it round down there. Now they are spreading round the country.

Lol... you sound ready to form a Northern militia to send em back home! Checkpoints at the stations and barricade the M6?

#reetproudboys

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Lol... you sound ready to form a Northern militia to send em back home! Checkpoints at the stations and barricade the M6?

#reetproudboys

? Not sure why that would help me in Rural Cambridgeshire. But whatever gets you excited...

Anyway, It wouldn't take much of a malitia to keep the soft southern shandy drinkers at bay.

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I'm not usually a conspiracy type person but I'm not sure about the new strain thing. I just think the government needed a smoking gun to stop them losing face when they done a complete u turn on the Xmas plans and the decision not to put London into tier three from the get go.
Can you imagine how much stick they would have got if this "new strain" didn't exist.
I'm not saying there isn't variants of the virus by the way. Just all very convenient
You dont need to be David Icke to think that the numbers are being carefully presented.
Testing in london has been massively increased over the last couple of weeks.
For example, consider Havering, London plague central.
Big increase in testing.
The % positive is pretty constant, but "cases" increase proportionally.
Meanwhile, calls to 911 reporting covid symptoms have been constant since september.
Odd, but the trouble is, the lack of effective journalism (courtesy of ofcom) and the absence of any parliamentary scrutiny means that we are well through the looking glass.
Screenshot_20201220-110038_Samsung Internet.jpgScreenshot_20201220-105716_Drive.jpgì

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
You dont need to be David Icke to think that the numbers are being carefully presented.
Testing in london has been massively increased over the last couple of weeks.
For example, consider Havering, London plague central.
Big increase in testing.
The % positive is pretty constant, but "cases" increase proportionally.
Meanwhile, calls to 911 reporting covid symptoms have been constant since september.
Odd, but the trouble is, the lack of effective journalism (courtesy of ofcom) and the absence of any parliamentary scrutiny means that we are well through the looking glass.
View attachment 34059View attachment 34060ì

I can confirm this, living as I do in Havering (Unclean unclean!!) we have had a letter from the council telling us to just turn up at any of the boroughs walk in testing centres for a test as many times as we want. Also compulsory for my 16 year old who must have a negative test result dated after the 2nd of January otherwise he will not be allowed back in college.

D

Deleted member 3432

Sounds like a good plan to me.
Invasion of the superspreaders to rural Scotland is something that has to be avoided.
Thankfully borders now closed by Scots Gov.
Thought Ayrshire was in tier 3...

Don't t fancy crossing the border from rural Cumbria to higher tiers....?

Not seen anything in our local press about border closed at Gretna.