Coronavirus - how is it/has it affected you?

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Nothing from our club so I assume they will do nothing for tomorrow and then get it organised for Monday when some of us are back in work. Deep joy

Ours emailed out saying comp tomorrow cancelled .. all bookings show up and split into two groups one off back one off front .. 9 holes only for everyone

Seems fair just to get some golf

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
2 balls at our place. They've asked people with multiple rounds up to Xmas to reduce it to one. If enough don't comply by tomorrow evening they will do so. And enforce 9 holes of needed.

Having 27 I'm hoping that isn't needed.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
2 balls at our place. They've asked people with multiple rounds up to Xmas to reduce it to one. If enough don't comply by tomorrow evening they will do so. And enforce 9 holes of needed.

Having 27 I'm hoping that isn't needed.

Before they announced anything I contacted our 4 ball n said for the 9 hole comp split into 2 bookings incase

Then if 4 just can go back

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Mansfield went from tier 2 to tier 3 and a national lockdown in the space of a week. No one said owt apart from the locals. London has more or less done the same and it’s a story. One thing this Covid has taught me. Expect the unexpected.
Thats aside I hope we don’t get to the end of 2021 saying 2020 was not that bad after all. ☹️

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Before they announced anything I contacted our 4 ball n said for the 9 hole comp split into 2 bookings incase

Then if 4 just can go back
I made the mistake of booking a golf break for the 29/30th. £100 down the drain atm as they've told my mate that they're in tier 1. So able to offer golf.....

D

Deleted member 16999

From England Golf:
In Tier 4 areas, golf courses can remain open for individuals playing with members of their own household or support bubble, or with one person from another household.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I made the mistake of booking a golf break for the 29/30th. £100 down the drain atm as they've told my mate that they're in tier 1. So able to offer golf.....

Ouch! Yeah we are £140 down ATM on this Santa thing we were going to Tuesday. It's at some farm thing where u go Santa's work shop etc. Didn't tell the kids but was looking forward .. no refunds but book for next year I think (if they are in business)

I guess the club is open so it's available u can't go .. rubbish eh

My boss had same with first lock down had some big holiday with his wife booked for anniversary.. 10k on hotels and flights and Jamaica said we are open so no refund ... But by then everything was closing

Luckily it closed just before he would have left so saved his cash

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Ouch! Yeah we are £140 down ATM on this Santa thing we were going to Tuesday. It's at some farm thing where u go Santa's work shop etc. Didn't tell the kids but was looking forward .. no refunds but book for next year I think (if they are in business)

I guess the club is open so it's available u can't go .. rubbish eh

My boss had same with first lock down had some big holiday with his wife booked for anniversary.. 10k on hotels and flights and Jamaica said we are open so no refund ... But by then everything was closing

Luckily it closed just before he would have left so saved his cash
The worst thing is my sister works for MOD and when I mentioned I was booking a golf trip she strongly advised me not to....

So planning has obviously been in place for a while ?

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
The worst thing is my sister works for MOD and when I mentioned I was booking a golf trip she strongly advised me not to....

So planning has obviously been in place for a while ?

Of course to has. This new strain has been discussed on doctors.net for at least 6 weeks, more transmissible and probably no more pathogenic was the word at the start of November. This was inevitable and has only been made worse by over promising and then having to row back. Underpromising and over achieving is always a better strategy.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Well, I don't work for the MOD but wouldn't have been booking a trip either.
We play every year. It's a group tradition. UK breaks in tier 1 are currently allowed. And the club had confirmed the would accept us.

It's only since tier 4 that they have said you can't leave your tier as opposed to advising not too....