Coronavirus - how is it/has it affected you?

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
All probably true, the other side though is the practicality of accurately exempting people other than through self exemption. With medical serivces under huge strain expecting GP's or whoever to add to their workload by assessing people for mask exemption isn't realistic.

True, and I know for a fact that GPs don't want to be doing the exemption notes because quite a few have said so on doctors' social media. But we are allowing people to deduced to pose a public health hazard to others without much checking, which seems odd.

Bazzatron

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Daughters pal, I see her at school when dropping off the sproggs. She never had a mask on and I mentioned it to her. She said “ I am exempt”. I mentioned someone will pull her up coz she is not wearing a lanyard to say she is exempt. She said “ well they will get a round of ( insert own four letter word) for not minding her own business. ?

Edit to say, headmaster had her in the office the other day coz her 8 yr old son said “ ( insert your own four letter word) you” on a teams video call the other day.

Loads don't bother when I drop my boy at nursery, I'm usually in the minority. Probably why the ward in which I live has the highest rates for the Midlands.

Don't expect them to manage masks to be fair, half of them can't get out their pyjamas.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Loads don't bother when I drop my boy at nursery, I'm usually in the minority. Probably why the ward in which I live has the highest rates for the Midlands.

Don't expect them to manage masks to be fair, half of them can't get out their pyjamas.
????

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
I’m going to try to avoid politics as best I can, but I’m absolutely delighted that Boris has had the courage to react to the rapidly developing science and do what had to be done.

I’m so much more comfortable now I haven’t got to tell the lovely wife that I’m not spending Boxing Day with her sister’s family and her parents, the latter already spending Christmas Day with another two families in a blatant breach of guidance. There’s now no argument because we all know exactly where we are.

D

Deleted member 15344

Yes, it's you. What would you do then, having seen the graphs. ?

Well put London into Tier 3 when we came out of the last lockdown

Dont even suggest any Xmas relaxing of the rules

Not allowing any sort of social mixing indoors including cinemas , theatres etc , don’t allow any pubs or restaurants to open up

Feel gutted for people’s emotions which will be going up and down at the moment

Last edited by a moderator:

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Our Club are thinking of opening the bar/ catering next month.

We are in Tier 2.

Thought we had to have a substantial meal Torah even a drink.

will somebody please clarify as this is what is required in a pub or am I mistaken?

Swinglowandslow

Visit site
Well put London into Tier 3 when we came out of the last lockdown

Dont even suggest any Xmas relaxing of the rules

Not allowing any sort of social mixing indoors including cinemas , theatres etc , don’t allow any pubs or restaurants to open up

You were throwing a criticism out about the measures subject of this broadcast, otherwise you would have been advocating those measures above a lot earlier ?
As it happens, I agree with those you list above, I have done from weeks back, because it's clear to me that this is spreading from prolonged indoor contact-people breathing the same air-.
My wife and I are not seeing anyone over Xmas. It's cancelled this year.
But I have the luxury of being able to do that.
The government have other considerations and advice, no doubt being that if they didn't allow some leeway, then many would flout the rule and such anarchist behaviour might become too widespread.
Damned if you do, damned......etc.
Let's all pull together, eh?

D

Deleted member 15344

I haven’t really taken much notice in the news in regards the numbers and gatherings etc but have just seen pictures from the likes of Oxford Circus and the crowds etc in London’s shopping areas and it’s no surprise that this has happened. I’m feeling pretty deflated right now but I’m glad I have a wife and a daughter to spend Xmas with - I’m now worried and thinking of all those who live on their own and were planning to spend Xmas with their parents and now will be on their own - heartbreaking

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Our Club are thinking of opening the bar/ catering next month.

We are in Tier 2.

Thought we had to have a substantial meal Torah even a drink.

will somebody please clarify as this is what is required in a pub or am I mistaken?
To have an alcoholic drink, you are correct. I believe you can have a hot drink, soft drink without eating.

That is how I read the rules.

Have you been out and about locally? Your golf club is no different to a pub, cafe etc in terms of the rules.

D

Deleted member 15344

This is about the personalities, not their politics, and I'm no fan of either, but, having watched both the English and Scottish briefings, Nicola Sturgeon is so much better at this than Boris Johnson.
I did find it amusing that hour after Boris announces stronger restrictions and the cancellation of Xmas mixing for many Scotland then announced that their restrictions will be relaxed for Xmas Day - just a coincidence or very well planned ?

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I did find it amusing that hour after Boris announces stronger restrictions and the cancellation of Xmas mixing for many Scotland then announced that their restrictions will be relaxed for Xmas Day - just a coincidence or very well planned ?

Announce before Boris when your news is bad, announce after Boris when your news is good, been playing the same game from the start