Coronavirus - how is it/has it affected you?

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
So from Tier 2 to Tier 4 in a matter of 3 days , maybe it’s just me but I have zero confidence in the people in charge and their ability to tackle this.

If they had listened to the science from day one and been strict a lot of this would be avoided

It wouldn't be gone but we wouldn't be where we are .

Finally listening to science but the horse has bolted

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'm in the county of Surrey but am fortunate to be staying in Tier 2.
My sisters live just down the road, also in Surrey, but have gone into Tier 4.
I'm awaiting the phone calls right now!

FELL75

Visit site
I'm in the county of Surrey but am fortunate to be staying in Tier 2.
My sisters live just down the road, also in Surrey, but have gone into Tier 4.
I'm awaiting the phone calls right now!
I'm in Surrey and in tier 4. Thought it was the whole country, bar Waverly? Have I answered my own question?!

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site

You know what they say, blink and you will miss it – well that was Tier 3 gone!! As from midnight tonight, Buckinghamshire moves straight into the new tougher Tier 4 Restrictions but at the time I am writing this, on Saturday evening, we have no clear indication or guidance from England Golf or the Government Working Group on Golf Courses.

It is clear that we are asked to “Stay at Home” but we seem to be able to exercise with one other person from outside our Household. We have therefore had to react fast and without any official guidance for tomorrow and Monday until we know a little more detail.

We have therefore made the decision not to cancel any bookings of 3 or 4 Balls for Sunday (20th December) and Monday (21st December) as that would be very disruptive at such short notice. However, you can only exercise with one other person outside your household as mentioned. The outcome is that we move to Nine Holes only with a Two Tee Start which will allow everyone who has booked (and we are pretty full!!) on Sunday & Monday to get Nine Holes of play.

We therefore ask that the Fourballs divide into two Two’s and play Nine Holes only off either Tee at their original Booking Time. If you are a Three Ball please contact the Members behind or in front of your Booking and make up into Two’s. We know this is a disruption and a nuisance but at least gives you a chance to play golf.

This change applies to Sunday & Monday ONLY at the moment until we get official advice from England Golf & the Government liaison on whether we can proceed with Two Balls or have to close the Course again. Watch this space for any further news.

Thanks for all of your support and help as we try to get through this latest obstacle. Stay well and safe.

from our club a few minutes ago

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Is anyone up on the current guidelines?
Got a call from my daughter earlier, she's in her Uni digs and was planning on going home to her mother tomorrow.
My daughter had Covid back in October, her mother (my ex missus) is a teacher and has a colleague who tested positive last weekend. My ex tested negative on Monday but has since become ill but not with official Covid symptoms, she's still awaiting the results of another test she had on Friday morning.
If my ex missus tests positive will my daughter have to isolate for 10/14 days if she goes back home, even though she's already had the virus?
I hope that makes a bit of sense.
My gut feeling is she can still contract and pass on the virus despite her already having it but she just doesn't get ill from it.
I've told her to phone the Covid helpline to see what they say and come over to my house tomorrow until her mother finds out her results.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Is anyone up on the current guidelines?
Got a call from my daughter earlier, she's in her Uni digs and was planning on going home to her mother tomorrow.
My daughter had Covid back in October, her mother (my ex missus) is a teacher and has a colleague who tested positive last weekend. My ex tested negative on Monday but has since become ill but not with official Covid symptoms, she's still awaiting the results of another test she had on Friday morning.
If my ex missus tests positive will my daughter have to isolate for 10/14 days if she goes back home, even though she's already had the virus?
I hope that makes a bit of sense.
My gut feeling is she can still contract and pass on the virus despite her already having it but she just doesn't get ill from it.
I've told her to phone the Covid helpline to see what they say and come over to my house tomorrow until her mother finds out her results.

having had the virus doesnt alter the need to self isolate so yes she would

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Club has pulled all tee bookings off the website tomorrow and had an email saying they are waiting to review the impact on golf. I assume that means EGU direction. Can't see it being organised before the morning

Ours closed

However I emailed the GM the gov website and he gonna send out an update soon he said

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Just driving into Liverpool 6pm to drop my daughter off.
Was pulled by the police and asked “where I was going and why?”
Had to prove where I lived.
So they are checking already that nobody is coming in from higher tiers.
Albert Dock was full of Mancs last week when they turned the lights on., that full we just went home again .
How are they going to police the whole country?
Can see a total Lockdown Boxing Day onward.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Just driving into Liverpool 6pm to drop my daughter off.
Was pulled by the police and asked “where I was going and why?”
Had to prove where I lived.
So they are checking already that nobody is coming in from higher tiers.
Albert Dock was full of Mancs last week when they turned the lights on., that full we just went home again .
How are they going to police the whole country?
Can see a total Lockdown Boxing Day onward.

Thanks for this I best carry my key worker letter tomorrow