Coronavirus - how is it/has it affected you?

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
The State of Emergency notification that was raised yesterday runs till the 9th MAY. How each of the autonomous regions implement that is up to them. Unfortunately the buyers of our house don't live in our region - they're in Barcelona. Legally they are committed to buy/complete on the 4th Dec but quite when they can visit, who knows.
Till May, well that's telling. ?

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I don’t know what throw the balls up is but they can play together.
OK 6 people meet with 2 tee times, 3 each tee slot. They throw 6 balls in the air to decide what the 2 teams are. Similar to a roll up.

From the 6 3 are in a tier 2 area and 3 in. A tier 1 area. Is this allowed that 6 people meet from 2 tee times?

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Got a shocker today when my phone with nhs T&T suddenly showed an exposure notification. In the past 48 hrs I had left the house once to go to the bank in the town centre . I hardly spent more than a few mins speaking to a John. Kept my distance and also did not touch anything (other than myself).

So sprang up from the sofa to see more details. Clicked on the notification and the bleeping thing disappeared. Searched every where in the phone under every single setting but could not find the message !!

So googled the message and it looks like it is a known issue where in the app says exposure notification is working! More details here

https://faq.covid19.nhs.uk/article/KA-01252/en-us

I had a raised heart rate for about an hour. You have been warned

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
Got a shocker today when my phone with nhs T&T suddenly showed an exposure notification. In the past 48 hrs I had left the house once to go to the bank in the town centre . I hardly spent more than a few mins speaking to a John. Kept my distance and also did not touch anything (other than myself).

So sprang up from the sofa to see more details. Clicked on the notification and the bleeping thing disappeared. Searched every where in the phone under every single setting but could not find the message !!

So googled the message and it looks like it is a known issue where in the app says exposure notification is working! More details here

https://faq.covid19.nhs.uk/article/KA-01252/en-us

I had a raised heart rate for about an hour. You have been warned

I’ve had about half a dozen of these “ghost” notifications already. Becoming rather predictable.

huds1475

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
And worryingly the suggestions of Sir P Vallance back 21st September about numbers of deaths that we could be seeing by mid November if viral transmission continued as it was and doubled daily have not been accurate - he seems to have underestimated how quickly we’d get to 200 deaths a day - so not by middle nov as he suggested was possible but already surpassed - a month early. And not based upon 50,000 cases a day.

And of that I am worried. And noting that those in the media and through the media who so quickly and loudly slated him back then for exaggeration and fear-mongering on numbers of deaths have not been as forthcoming with their apologies and acceptance that his concerns were absolutely valid. Worrying.
So not project fear after all then?

Perhaps people will one day learn to trust expertise based on facts over Internet 'opinion' and attention seeking twitter clickbait.

Maybe there is hope?

Or I've taken the wrong medication ?

Jamesbrown

Head Pro
Visit site
OK 6 people meet with 2 tee times, 3 each tee slot. They throw 6 balls in the air to decide what the 2 teams are. Similar to a roll up.

From the 6 3 are in a tier 2 area and 3 in. A tier 1 area. Is this allowed that 6 people meet from 2 tee times?

Yeah they can they’re outside.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Agree, and linking back to an earlier post which may have been lost in the rounds
https://forums.golf-monthly.co.uk/t...is-it-has-it-affected-you.104530/post-2249928
Indeed - just that sort of thing as reported in the DT. I think a study today reports that their random testing suggests 100k new cases a day in UK at the moment - exceeding Vallance’s 50,000 a day by mid-nov - which would indicate the doubling period has shortened from when Vallance’s simple arithmetic gave 50k a day by mid nov.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/

Last edited:

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
A bit of a trite issue give the circumstances everyone is in but has anyone seen any reports on how the new lockdown is going to be applied to French sport. Just wondering if the 6 nations match in Paris will still go ahead at the weekend.

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
You want true Covid-19 stupidity? The World Series Game 6 Tuesday night - one of the Los Angeles Dodgers players, Justin Turner, gets a positive test and they immediately pull him out of the game and isolate him in the clubhouse. The Dodgers win and Turner decides, sod that, and comes out on the field and hugs and embraces his team-mates and has pictures with them and the trophy. He was hugging a cancer survivor, guys who have pregnant wives and other team employees.

Just proves when you have money and you are involved in sports, then rules don't apply to you. Utter moron.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
You want true Covid-19 stupidity? The World Series Game 6 Tuesday night - one of the Los Angeles Dodgers players, Justin Turner, gets a positive test and they immediately pull him out of the game and isolate him in the clubhouse. The Dodgers win and Turner decides, sod that, and comes out on the field and hugs and embraces his team-mates and has pictures with them and the trophy. He was hugging a cancer survivor, guys who have pregnant wives and other team employees.

Just proves when you have money and you are involved in sports, then rules don't apply to you. Utter moron.

Similarly - Report in the Sunday Times that some city workers and company bosses (coming into the UK) could be exempt from a quarantine period. Denied. We are all in it together or one rule for 'us'...

I find that sort of thing frustrating, confusing and disappointing. Quarantine either matters for us all or it doesn't. Not even sure why the quarantine period can be reduced from the two weeks it currently is. But that's another matter.

Last edited:

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Similarly - Report in the Sunday Times that some city workers and company bosses (coming into the UK) could be exempt from a quarantine period. Denied. We are all in it together or one rule for 'us'...

I find that sort of thing frustrating, confusing and disappointing. Quarantine either matters for us all or it doesn't. Not even sure why the quarantine period can be reduced from the two weeks it currently is. But that's another matter.

In a similar vein, apparently it has been decreed that "business lunches" are exempt from the Tier 2 and Rule of 6 restrictions. London restaurants are now taking bookings for up to 30 to meet indoors and get hammered over lunch.

road2ruin

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
France and Germany going back into full lockdowns :confused:

Worth noting that whilst the papers are all saying how France and Germany are going into lockdown the Germany version is not a lockdown at all. It is tightening of restrictions however it's probably lower than our Tier 2 so not the 'full lockdown' that is being reported.

D

Deleted member 18588

In a similar vein, apparently it has been decreed that "business lunches" are exempt from the Tier 2 and Rule of 6 restrictions. London restaurants are now taking bookings for up to 30 to meet indoors and get hammered over lunch.
I understand that the Rule of 6 continues to apply.

The reference to the number 30 was in respect of the total capacity of a specific dining room.

ger147

Tour Winner
Visit site
My daughter has been feeling a bit ropey since yesterday, cough and a temperature. As she works in Retail she's away to get a test.

Fingers crossed it's just a normal head cold and the C19 test comes back negative.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
A bit of a trite issue give the circumstances everyone is in but has anyone seen any reports on how the new lockdown is going to be applied to French sport. Just wondering if the 6 nations match in Paris will still go ahead at the weekend.

yes theyre still planning on playing