Coronavirus - how is it/has it affected you?

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
So I'm a delivery person for a supermarket. Delivered today to a house on an estate that had allthe houses looked like I was in Beverly Hills. The one I had to deliver to had load of bluddy steps up to the door. The only one that did!!! Just my luck. As I struggled up the piggin' steps to the top there was a notice stuck to the door to say "We are self isolating. Leave any items at the door. If you need to speak to us ring this number XXXXXXXXX" Great just piggin' great! So I started to unload all the items neatly outside the door, when suddenly the door flew open and an old woman say "Hiya" and started to lean past me and grab the items to take in. I nearly jumped out of my skin!!!!!!!!
Just what part of Self Isolating were they doing? Do they actaully know what it means? We've also had people open the door to us (not me) and say they've got COVID and lean in to get their stuff!!!!!!
Don't tell me about the NHS people. You wanna be a supermarket delivery driver!!!!!
Came out of isolation at 23.59 last night, 2 weeks of pure purgatory. How anyone can be a career criminal knowing they could do time inside al l never know. You must of looked like Jesus walking down the drive. Highlight of there lockdown.???

DanFST

Head Pro
Visit site
Came out of isolation at 23.59 last night, 2 weeks of pure purgatory. How anyone can be a career criminal knowing they could do time inside al l never know. You must of looked like Jesus walking down the drive. Highlight of there lockdown.???

Did my isolation when the world was normal before lockdown. I can't use the language i'd want on here. But it sucks...

Last edited:

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
These days I'm not hearing quite so much emphasis being put on transmission of the virus through touching surfaces - and whilst I still hear the 'wash hands' mantra, I'm not sure that folks are as focussed on that aspect of preventing transmission as we were at the outset.

Me and my wife are still very careful about what we touch when out; how we touch things when we must - and I'm forever using disinfectant when going into and coming out of shops and when we get home. And I avoid touching my face and facemask when out. But I sense that we are in general not quite so diligent as we were...and I see a lot of handling of goods and food in the stores...

Also thinking I must take disinfectant with me when out so if I have to manually key my PIN to complete a transaction I can disinfect my hands afterwards. At the moment I am very conscious that I don't...but do take care afterwards not to touch face etc :( Of course I should also disinfect my hands BEFORE entering my PIN...if I have not already done so when going into the store or whatever.

Last edited:

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Not sure which thread to put this in however it is COVID related.

There are 6 guys at our place 3 in Tier 1 and 3 in Tier 2. They have 2 slots and throw the balls up when they arrive using the excuse of being in a bubble.

Is this allowed and would it be any different if ALL in Tier 1?

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Seems the message about masks, washing hands and spacing between others is being cranked up. Had an empty office today so had the radio on. Being played in every ad break and coming home tonight and watching TV being shown a lot on TV. It still boils down to any individual following the advice, particularly the hand washing and face masks

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
I don’t know what throw the balls up is but they can play together.

four folk turn up for a knockabout. Either put four balls in a hat and pull out 2 balls. Whoever those balls are play against those left in the hat. Or lob four balls in the air. The nearest two balls that are together, whoever they are play together against the other two. ?
As was the case for Tash on Tuesday when we played. However, one of the four guys has had Covid and came out of isolation at the weekend. He was the lad who put me in isolation For 2 weeks. Anyway he phoned his pal and said there was a Space for him. Nice lad. However it now transpires he lives in a Tier three area and we live play in a 2. That is a big no no. That’s all irrelevant now coz we are all tier 3 but I was bogged off when I found out.

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
These days I'm not hearing quite so much emphasis being put on transmission of the virus through touching surfaces - and whilst I still hear the 'wash hands' mantra, I'm not sure that folks are as focussed on that aspect of preventing transmission as we were at the outset.

Me and my wife are still very careful about what we touch when out; how we touch things when we must - and I'm forever using disinfectant when going into and coming out of shops and when we get home. And I avoid touching my face and facemask when out. But I sense that we are in general not quite so diligent as we were...and I see a lot of handling of goods and food in the stores...

Also thinking I must take disinfectant with me when out so if I have to manually key my PIN to complete a transaction I can disinfect my hands afterwards. At the moment I am very conscious that I don't...but do take care afterwards not to touch face etc :( Of course I should also disinfect my hands BEFORE entering my PIN...if I have not already done so when going into the store or whatever.
When you say disinfectant do you mean hand sanitising gell?

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
And worryingly the suggestions of Sir P Vallance back 21st September about numbers of deaths that we could be seeing by mid November if viral transmission continued as it was and doubled daily have not been accurate - he seems to have underestimated how quickly we’d get to 200 deaths a day - so not by middle nov as he suggested was possible but already surpassed - a month early. And not based upon 50,000 cases a day.

And of that I am worried. And noting that those in the media and through the media who so quickly and loudly slated him back then for exaggeration and fear-mongering on numbers of deaths have not been as forthcoming with their apologies and acceptance that his concerns were absolutely valid. Worrying.

Last edited:

Swinglowandslow

Visit site

You clearly believe touching is an important part of transmission (of the virus), as I do, but how does this sit right with going out to have meals or drinks at pubs, clubhouses etc?
You have, I believe, described how you and your wife have done this, and I know many golfers at my club have drinks etc after a round.
I don't for the very reasons you have written about here.
I consider it a risk which isn't necessary. I'd love to do so, and I miss it very much but my wife and I are too old to risk it.
But it seems strange to have all the "don't touch " rules on the course and within the Pro shop yet it's OK to grasp a beer glass / cup etc which as been touched by others almost immediately before?

Most people are doing this judging by the numbers I see in pubs etc, so is the "touch" risk overstated, and it really is about what you breath in?

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Most of the autonomous regions of Spain have closed their borders. Many towns and cities similarly. Curfews in most of the regions, towns and cities. Times of curfews vary but most run from 10pm to 6am, some 11pm to 7am. Rules for bars and restaurants are showing more restrictions.

Fines are increasing, e.g. if you're supposed to quarantine but are caught out and about its now €3000. Businesses that flout the rules are being hammered - min €10k.

Police are out more in the last few days than they have been for a couple of months.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
France and Germany going back into full lockdowns :confused:

Interesting. Will no doubt add pressure for us to do so as well. I wonder if other previously badly hit areas like Spain and Italy follow suit and how long these lockdowns will last. France have said a month (so presumably gives shops and businesses three weeks to make some money before Christmas) but will they extend?

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
And worryingly the suggestions of Sir P Vallance back 21st September about numbers of deaths that we could be seeing by mid November if viral transmission continued as it was and doubled daily have not been accurate - he seems to have underestimated how quickly we’d get to 200 deaths a day - so not by middle nov as he suggested was possible but already surpassed - a month early. And not based upon 50,000 cases a day.

And of that I am worried. And noting that those in the media and through the media who so quickly and loudly slated him back then for exaggeration and fear-mongering on numbers of deaths have not been as forthcoming with their apologies and acceptance that his concerns were absolutely valid. Worrying.
Agree, and linking back to an earlier post which may have been lost in the rounds
https://forums.golf-monthly.co.uk/t...is-it-has-it-affected-you.104530/post-2249928

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Interesting. Will no doubt add pressure for us to do so as well. I wonder if other previously badly hit areas like Spain and Italy follow suit and how long these lockdowns will last. France have said a month (so presumably gives shops and businesses three weeks to make some money before Christmas) but will they extend?

The State of Emergency notification that was raised yesterday runs till the 9th MAY. How each of the autonomous regions implement that is up to them. Unfortunately the buyers of our house don't live in our region - they're in Barcelona. Legally they are committed to buy/complete on the 4th Dec but quite when they can visit, who knows.