Coronavirus - how is it/has it affected you?

road2ruin

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
To be honest, they could tell me that I had to drive to Lands End to get a jab and I would be straight the car and on my way.

A 60 mile drive sounds like a dream. Couple of hours away from the family on my own and in sole charge of the car radio. As much as I love them the thought of a little day trip without them is appealing.....

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
A 60 mile drive sounds like a dream. Couple of hours away from the family on my own and in sole charge of the car radio. As much as I love them the thought of a little day trip without them is appealing.....

My drive to work and back is more than 60 miles. I like it, helps me get into the right frame of mind for work and to get work out of my system afterwards.

oxymoron

Club Champion
Visit site
Makes me smile this , wont drive 60 miles for a potentially life saving jab , however to knock a little ball around a field in to a little hole , no
trouble there mate :giggle:

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Got to be honest, I am getting increasingly depressed during this period of furlough. Wife still working, so just me at home all day with three cats for company. No motivation whatsoever....

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Got to be honest, I am getting increasingly depressed during this period of furlough. Wife still working, so just me at home all day with three cats for company. No motivation whatsoever....
Same here Rob....by the time e I go back on the 12th April ( assuming we do) I'll have lost 253 working days since this time last year...forgotten what it's like to get up and go to work.

D

Deleted member 3432

Same here Rob....by the time e I go back on the 12th April ( assuming we do) I'll have lost 253 working days since this time last year...forgotten what it's like to get up and go to work.

If you want to get up at 4am tomorrow morning and cover my shift for me you are more than welcome. Then again you have have to get up about 11pm tonight to make it on time..:ROFLMAO::p

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I was furloughed last year, went back in July and was then furloughed again. Went back in November and was then furloughed again in December. Financially I'm okay, and the wife is still working full-time, so her salary has remained intact, so not as bad as a lot of others. But I need to be working.

Swinglowandslow

Visit site
I was furloughed last year, went back in July and was then furloughed again. Went back in November and was then furloughed again in December. Financially I'm okay, and the wife is still working full-time, so her salary has remained intact, so not as bad as a lot of others. But I need to be working.[/QUOTE]

Hope you have a change of heart by time of 65. Need to be prepared?

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Just been surfing the net. Came across a good read ( Washington post ) re the vaccines. Bottom line, which one would you choose. The Oxford ( British ) one, astra Zeneca. Or the ( German) Pfizer one, There words, not mine. It was odd how some folk perceived the German one which was developed by a Turkish guy as the posh one. Whilst reading this I thought how odd it was that 6 months ago we were desperate for any. Yet here we are that in some instances there’s now a choice. Yet in some countries they are still waiting for any.
Comes on a day when I read that China is being accused of donating vaccines to countries in favour for trade. Seems to me the world is really getting back to normal.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Just been surfing the net. Came across a good read ( Washington post ) re the vaccines. Bottom line, which one would you choose. The Oxford ( British ) one, astra Zeneca. Or the ( German) Pfizer one, There words, not mine. It was odd how some folk perceived the German one which was developed by a Turkish guy as the posh one. Whilst reading this I thought how odd it was that 6 months ago we were desperate for any. Yet here we are that in some instances there’s now a choice. Yet in some countries they are still waiting for any.
Comes on a day when I read that China is being accused of donating vaccines to countries in favour for trade. Seems to me the world is really getting back to normal.

Same as people who use the phrase "avoid like the plaque"

Then covid comes and think ah be alright