Coronavirus - how is it/has it affected you?

D

Deleted member 3432

Still can't book an appointment where the 2nd jab is any closer than 84 miles away....:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
This is the kind of layman’s terms that I would suspect most folk would understand. I am of the ilk that this years vaccine is not just a one off. For a few years one shot vaccines may well be the norm. That said, the anti vaxers that don’t want a vaccine jab, may well just be delaying the inevitable and getting the virus one day. However that turns out for them, only time will tell.

Cheers Ethan me man.

I think there is a lot of interest in packaging flu and Covid together in a one shot respiratory illness vaccine and making that an annual event, probably for over 50s but maybe broader than that. The new vaccine techniques using genetics can be updated a lot faster than the old style weakened virus forms.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
I think there is a lot of interest in packaging flu and Covid together in a one shot respiratory illness vaccine and making that an annual event, probably for over 50s but maybe broader than that. The new vaccine techniques using genetics can be updated a lot faster than the old style weakened virus forms.

combining flu and a Covid vaccines, that I didn’t know ?. Yet it makes so much sense. ? cheers me man

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Cancelled my 2nd today hoping for a closer place as didnt fancy the 30mile drive each way but closest still 13mikes away...will just check every so often as was advised when booked it at the vac centre.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Cancelled my 2nd today hoping for a closer place as didnt fancy the 30mile drive each way but closest still 13mikes away...will just check every so often as was advised when booked it at the vac centre.

You didn't fancy a 30 mile drive each way for something that could potentially save your life?
Wow is all I can say ?

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site

What’s the problem? Unless you are very lucky you are going to have to travel to the vaccine centre.
It doesn’t really make any difference if it is 2, 4, or 13 miles, it’s classed as essential travel, so it’s ok to do.

The important thing is that you get the jab in good time, a bit of inconvenience is a small price to pay

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
When I booked both of mine, they are in the town hall, a 15 minute walk, or a couple of minutes by car. I guess I was lucky. Others seem to have not been.

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site

Unless you have a busy diary or limited transport options, I would take the earliest available.

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site

You’ve cancelled a jab to save yourself a 60 mile round trip in the knowledge that you still need to make a journey totalling nearly 30 miles?

Sorry, I simply don’t see any logic in that decision whatsoever.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Unless you have a busy diary or limited transport options, I would take the earliest available.
As the closest earliest time wasn't until June my thinking is that I can get an earlier time closer to me...The website requires me to cancel a booking before I can look for another. I’d rather I didn’t have to do that for the reasons folks have given to my cancelling.

just checked and got one over a week earlier than my original booking and a lot closer ?

Last edited:

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
As the closest earliest time wasn't until June my thinking is that I can get an earlier time closer to me...The website requires me to cancel a booking before I can look for another. I’d rather I didn’t have to do that for the reasons folks have given to my cancelling.

just checked and got one over a week earlier than my original booking and a lot closer ?

The booking system will not let you book a jab closer than 11 weeks together which is why your being offered June

Take the booking, in June you could be behind the 18-30 getting 1st jabs . It's going to get more busy

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Throughout this vaccine drive my sister has been worried about hers

She is 30 and asthmatic.. also has anotber illness can never remember what (bad brother)

Anyways she works in a school and really been hoping to be done as she so worried

She's getting done today the local hospital had 5 vaccines spare and her head offered her first

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site

You wouldn’t survive in some of the rural communities, many in Devon and Cornwall are having a two hour round trip for their jabs. Looks like people are expecting door to door service.