Coronavirus - how is it/has it affected you?

D

Deleted member 15344

For those yet to be done, I have heard that taking paracetamol for 48 hours (24 either side of the jab) does a good job of stopping the "feeling like crap" issue. Don't know the why's & wherefores, if anyone with better medical knowledge can confirm or deny?
@Blue in Munich - that’s exactly what I have been told so will get them ?

road2ruin

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Spoke to my mum this evening, my grandad has been put on end of life care and it would appear that it’s now just a matter of days. He’s 101yrs old, he’s had a fantastic run however its devastating to think that the last 4/5 months of his life have been spent in a room measuring 3x3m’s and it has caused a man with all his faculties, both mentally and physically, at the beginning to have finished with him being bed ridden and not knowing who or where he is.

The silver lining is that my mum has been tested twice (she’s had the first jab) and had a negative result so has been able to go into the home to hold his hand. Whilst he’s been almost entirely asleep it means a lot to her that he’s able to have had some physical contact with her dad before the inevitable happens.

So the inevitable happened last night, at just before 11:30pm he passed away. This is not a post for condolences, it's purely to finish the story given I had put various posts up about it. In the end it happened in the best way possible given what has happened over the last 3 months or so, mum was able to be there at the end and had spent the last few days with him, actually being able to be with him rather than just near him. For her it has made a huge difference and whilst it doesn't make losing her dad any easier it would have been a whole lot worse had it happened through a Perspex screen which I know a lot of others have had (and worse). I'm not sure how aware he was of her presence but you'd like to think that somewhere there was part of him who would have been felt that she was there.

He died aged 101yrs (and 6 months), would have been one of the final people alive (I think) who flew Spitfires in WWII. He ran a pub, loved cricket and was still drinking Guinness and playing Pétanque into his 90's in the local pub league. In the end it's a relief for the family, particularly mum and he's now at peace. He didn't die of Covid but he was definitely a victim of it.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
My wife and I both took paracetamol on the day before and the day after receiving our vaccinations on the advise of a neighbour paramedic. Neither of us experienced any issues.
First thing morning after, I was a little more tired than normal; had a little sweat; a bit of a headache and a during the day a brief doze of the skitters...(too much information) - all recognised symptoms for the vaccination doing it's doing. Took two lots of paracetamol and it was all cleared in by late afternoon. (y)

Last edited:

SaintHacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
So the inevitable happened last night, at just before 11:30pm he passed away. This is not a post for condolences, it's purely to finish the story given I had put various posts up about it. In the end it happened in the best way possible given what has happened over the last 3 months or so, mum was able to be there at the end and had spent the last few days with him, actually being able to be with him rather than just near him. For her it has made a huge difference and whilst it doesn't make losing her dad any easier it would have been a whole lot worse had it happened through a Perspex screen which I know a lot of others have had (and worse). I'm not sure how aware he was of her presence but you'd like to think that somewhere there was part of him who would have been felt that she was there.

He died aged 101yrs (and 6 months), would have been one of the final people alive (I think) who flew Spitfires in WWII. He ran a pub, loved cricket and was still drinking Guinness and playing Pétanque into his 90's in the local pub league. In the end it's a relief for the family, particularly mum and he's now at peace. He didn't die of Covid but he was definitely a victim of it.

Sorry for your loss. Thats a great knock though, well batted Sir ??

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
My wife and I both took paracetamol on the day before and the day after receiving our vaccinations on the advise of a neighbour paramedic. Neither of us experienced any issues.

Wife and I both had jabs both of us were a touch more tired than normal but it wasn’t enough to pop a pill ?

I suppose you will never know if the pills helped as you might have not felt any affects anyway, hedge your bets if you don’t mind taking tablets ?

Mandofred

Visit site
Had the jab (AZ) about 4:15 in the afternoon last Thursday. Woke up about 5am feeling a bit funny. Felt pretty off until about 11am that next morning. Nothing nasty....but if a Paracetamol will make things a better, I'll pop them like candy next time. As the ol' saying goes, it's not likely to make it worse.

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Had the jab (AZ) about 4:15 in the afternoon last Thursday. Woke up about 5am feeling a bit funny. Felt pretty off until about 11am that next morning. Nothing nasty....but if a Paracetamol will make things a better, I'll pop them like candy next time. As the ol' saying goes, it's not likely to make it worse.

It’s like any tablet you take the more you take the less effective they are over the long run,antibiotics are a prime example.

For me the symptoms from the COVID jab were minimal and not bad enough to take a pill , I try to take them when I really feel I need them that way I think they are more effective.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
It’s like any tablet you take the more you take the less effective they are over the long run,antibiotics are a prime example.

For me the symptoms from the COVID jab were minimal and not bad enough to take a pill , I try to take them when I really feel I need them that way I think they are more effective.

Some people do react more to vaccinations though, so for some, it may help offset some nastiness, for others, there are no ill effects at all.

I guess it also depends which jab you get. The Pfizer one seems to have less issues.

D

Deleted member 16999

Respect to your Grandad and condolences to your family x

www.hiltonpark.net

A great achievement for a cricket fan to get to hold his bat up to the pavilion. Condolences to all and time to remember a life well lived.

D

Deleted member 15344

What a wonderful life he must have led and worthy of raising a glass to celebrate the life he led ?

D

Deleted member 3432

Not impressed with online booking for the jab. I can get one in a couple of weeks at a local centre but the nearest it comes up with for second jab is Lancaster which it tells me is 50 miles away. It is actually 84 miles away so I will wait for a letter and get them both done locally.

D-S

Visit site
I guess it depends how close you are to population centres. We are about 10 miles outside Bristol and we had about 15 different options for 1st and 2nd jabs, I had mine done in Boots at the local large Mall and my wife had hers done at Ashton Gate where though enormous was super efficient - both our 2nd jabs booked there.