Coronavirus - how is it/has it affected you?

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
I thought you had to proactively make an appointment once you got the letter? That's what I had to do.

The notion of people making appointments for themselves then not turning up in large numbers doesn't make any sense to me.
No, I was given a time and a place. Although I changed it for one 2 days earlier as I couldn't make the original one.

SatchFan

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
My wife has been looking forward to going out. As she's 55 I've just booked her in for her first jab. Hope she appreciates the thought.

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Had my first jab at Eastbourne on Sunday. Must say, the organisation was brilliant. Everybody was so helpful and welcoming.
Felt like crap yesterday, slight temperature rise and felt a bit achey, spent most of the day sleeping and felt better by the evening.
Feel okay now.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
No, it came through the post. It's odd as my Missus went to Giffnock for hers but mine is for Barrhead which is twice as far away.
i had a text beck in Dec inviting me, but was sent out in error. no idea when they will get round to the over 55 here, i think they are still doing the over 60's

MegaSteve

Tour Winner
Visit site
Oldest and youngest grandsons returned to school yesterday... Both sounded happy with a return to 'normality'... Due to the staggered resumption middle grandson doesn't start back 'til Thursday [subject to testing of course]... Big year for the oldest... 'Exams' in summer... Hopefully lockdown hasn't been too damaging... And, yes I do know it's not exams per se...

SaintHacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Had my first jab at Eastbourne on Sunday. Must say, the organisation was brilliant. Everybody was so helpful and welcoming.
Felt like crap yesterday, slight temperature rise and felt a bit achey, spent most of the day sleeping and felt better by the evening.
Feel okay now.
Sure that wasnt more to do with the 3 bottles od rioja the night before??

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
On our WhatsApp group re the lads in our golf circle. One of the lads has posted his apologies in not playing or renewing his membership for the next year. He was approached a Couple of months ago to help set up the country’s first mega lab in leamington Spa. It will initially do Covid testing and then do cancer and other testings.

arnieboy

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Feel okay now.
Was that at the Sovereign Centre?

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
For those yet to be done, I have heard that taking paracetamol for 48 hours (24 either side of the jab) does a good job of stopping the "feeling like crap" issue. Don't know the why's & wherefores, if anyone with better medical knowledge can confirm or deny?