Coronavirus - how is it/has it affected you?

Swinglowandslow

Visit site
My wife is very distressed this evening reflecting on how unfair it is on her mum that she can’t be with her mum tonight when her mum needs her - her mum having lost her brother today after losing her sister seven weeks ago. And what makes her more upset is how we are still in this mess - that so many for their own selfish reasons and mostly pretty me-me reasons look to bend and break the rules - indeed how it seems that everywhere we look there are individuals breaking the rules for reasons they justify but they are still rule breaking and basically being selfish and disrespectful of those sticking to the rules despite how distressing doing so means.

Meanwhile my wife and I and her mum stick to the rules - and it so upsetting for us all because so many seem to think they are ok to do what they want - for their own selfish reasons. Not good. So do we just say ‘sod it’, as so many seem to be doing whatever they want then we’re just going to act as them - break the rules if that is what‘s required. Because when your level of respect for those who are setting the rules is not great the feeling to tell them them where to go with their rules as so many seem to be doing is great. I’m sorry that that is verging on political,I hope it is still the right side, and I do hope it doesn’t cause issues, but my wife’s distress and anger is very deep this evening and it is very difficult to do what someone asks when in doing so the pain is great and you do not respect - in fact have no respect whatsoever - for the people telling you what to do...?

I am lost on what to say to my wife this evening...

[edit] I will redact any content of the above that is deemed too near the P - I hope that’s not required as it is all part of what what is so badly impacting my wife and what is causing her anger and upset.

You are clearly under some pressure, and I sympathise with your family situation, but you cannot complain about people breaking the rules and then turn on to the people making the rules, as you have done.
Your previous posts have indicated a strong support for the rules .. on the basis that they help stop the spread of the virus. I haven't seen a strong criticism of them from you , though your dislike of this government is infamous.
But it seems to me in your frustration you are lashing out.

Others have suggested that the rule does allow your wife to "care etc for her mum and give respite to her carer ( BiL) as he may not be best able to do the best for your wife's mum. They both seem to me to need some help.
IMHO, she would not be breaking that rule earlier outlined to you, and examined by you. It is a difficult situation which I hope your family can resolve

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Got a message off Missis T this morning re BIL has had a letter saying the NHS are giving jabs to under 60’s. So Missis T does no more than look online and books me and herself In. Got back from having a second coronavirus test and there’s a lettter for Tash To do the same. Ave got to say I was not expecting a letter this side of April so am chuffed to bits with how quick they are getting through them.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
You are clearly under some pressure, and I sympathise with your family situation, but you cannot complain about people breaking the rules and then turn on to the people making the rules, as you have done.
Your previous posts have indicated a strong support for the rules .. on the basis that they help stop the spread of the virus. I haven't seen a strong criticism of them from you , though your dislike of this government is infamous.
But it seems to me in your frustration you are lashing out.

Others have suggested that the rule does allow your wife to "care etc for her mum and give respite to her carer ( BiL) as he may not be best able to do the best for your wife's mum. They both seem to me to need some help.
IMHO, she would not be breaking that rule earlier outlined to you, and examined by you. It is a difficult situation which I hope your family can resolve
We are not turning on the people making the rules. All I am saying is that it is always easier to adhere to difficult rules that others are breaking with impunity if you respect those requiring you to adhere to them.

As it turns out my MiL has told my wife that she is ok at the moment and so not to come up at the moment, so that’s sorted, and I am not long back from having a needle stuck in my arm. And I didn’t faint ?

D

Deleted member 16999

Got a friend who lives near Andover and was able to log on and book their vaccination today, they were offered appts at IoW, Ipswich or Accrington:eek:

They’ll try again tomorrow! So much for staying local.

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
We are not turning on the people making the rules. All I am saying is that it is always easier to adhere to difficult rules that others are breaking with impunity if you respect those requiring you to adhere to them.

As it turns out my MiL has told my wife that she is ok at the moment and so not to come up at the moment, so that’s sorted, and I am not long back from having a needle stuck in my arm. And I didn’t faint ?
That's a rather unfair attitude. Why not take up a bit of casual burglary in that case.

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Got a friend who lives near Andover and was able to log on and book their vaccination today, they were offered appts at IoW, Ipswich or Accrington:eek:

They’ll try again tomorrow! So much for staying local.
I had a similar issue but when not taking them up was offered one at my local GP.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
4 neighbours have died in the last 6 weeks. 15 friends and neighbours have had in the last 8-10 weeks.

The area did really well in the first wave/lockdown a year ago. There were numbers we read in the news, but everything seemed remote, i.e. northern Spain, Italy and the rest of the world. Some even felt, maybe didn't grasp, that there was a bit of media hype in it.

When and where there's a hot spot it really does seem to get a grip. For example, the group of friends who went out on New Years Eve to a 'gig.' All of them got it, one of which died a few days back.

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
I have just got the letter for my first Covid jab (62 and living in Scotland). My missus had hers at the weekend (58 with health issues). I drove her down and when she came out she said that it was very quiet and the person giving the jab told her a lot of people weren't turning up for their appointments. I just don't understand it. These are people in the higher risk category who still choose not to be vaccinated. Part of me is saying that if they get ill and die as a result, they've only got themselves to blame. But it's the fact they could pass it on to others indicates the selfishness of them. Yes, I know you can still be a carrier with the vaccine, but it is less likely and anything you can do to stop the spread, I believe you have a moral duty to do.