Coronavirus - how is it/has it affected you?

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Theve just opened a large vaccination facility just down the road from me at the Three Counties Showground. Should be able to get through quite a lot of additional people there.

Mandofred

Visit site
Well.....shiver me timbers.....after finding out on this site that I could go online and book a jab (12 March), we just got texts from the surgery with a link to book jabs. We almost didn't look, but we checked and can now get them at the Showground in 2 days. We cancelled the other ones after taking the ones in 2 days. (y)

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Well.....shiver me timbers.....after finding out on this site that I could go online and book a jab (12 March), we just got texts from the surgery with a link to book jabs. We almost didn't look, but we checked and can now get them at the Showground in 2 days. We cancelled the other ones after taking the ones in 2 days. (y)

Good to see it's caught up

I've booked my second for may 8th if they offer me closer to home same day I'll consider but then me and dad are booked in together to car share

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Isle of Man in a 21 day circuit breaker after a spike In cases

Proper told you so moment that

Lifting like they did all at once ..

D

Deleted member 18588

Isle of Man in a 21 day circuit breaker after a spike In cases

Proper told you so moment that

Lifting like they did all at once ..
Still going to be out of lockdown before the mainland.

This outbreak seems to have come from infected ferry crew members.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
All hell breaking out on social media in Andalucia, and has been picked up by the British Consulate who are making formal approaches for clarification. The Junta de Andalucia Health Minister has said that all foreign nationals not registered on the Spanish health system will have to go to their home country for their vaccination. We fall within that group. If you're retired but not old enough for a state pension you can't register on the Spanish health system but must, by law, hold private health insurance to qualify for Residencia.

Great! So we can approach our private healthcare provider... but private healthcare providers are not allowed to sell the jab. The only access to the vaccine is via the Spanish Health system, which we're not registered on.

All we need is for this to be confirmed, and for vaccine passports to be introduced. Then we can't get the jab here but also can't travel. Can't say I'm overly anxious about it as I expect the Junta to see sense, eventually - hopefully just something lost in the initial translation.

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
All hell breaking out on social media in Andalucia, and has been picked up by the British Consulate who are making formal approaches for clarification. The Junta de Andalucia Health Minister has said that all foreign nationals not registered on the Spanish health system will have to go to their home country for their vaccination. We fall within that group. If you're retired but not old enough for a state pension you can't register on the Spanish health system but must, by law, hold private health insurance to qualify for Residencia.

Great! So we can approach our private healthcare provider... but private healthcare providers are not allowed to sell the jab. The only access to the vaccine is via the Spanish Health system, which we're not registered on.

All we need is for this to be confirmed, and for vaccine passports to be introduced. Then we can't get the jab here but also can't travel. Can't say I'm overly anxious about it as I expect the Junta to see sense, eventually - hopefully just something lost in the initial translation.

It is a very short sighted idea. They want people to travel to the UK, Germany, Russia, probably, and then come back? That is public health madness. The virus doesn't differentiate between citizens, legal immigrants and illegal immigrants. It is true that private healthcare providers can't access the vaccine, the same is true in the UK.

This is probably posturing, and they will wise up.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Mum jabbed this morning

That's me, my father, my father in law, and now my mother done (1st jab) second jabs booked for may time for all of us

Wife still waiting for Dr to update his system

Mother in law (56) will be the next category

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
@Ethan
If stored correctly have you any idea of the shelf life for the big two vaccines? (i.e is there a 'use by' date after production etc)

The current approved shelf life is currently relatively short, 6 months, because that is as long as they have been able to test, but if stored in the correct conditions, the vaccine should last much longer and with time and further testing, will get its shelf life extended. Once taken out of the freezer, warmed up and reconstituted, the doses need to be used within 6 hours, hence this problem of spare/wasted doses.

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
As the UK stats remain trending positively ?, some stories from around the world.

In the USA, Texas and some other states are dropping "covid measures", which include masks no longer needed. Am not judging, as per this forum there are a lot of views on timing & detail, and US is doing pretty well with vaccination - but it will be interesting to follow.

Closer to home, Austria & Denmark are looking at linking up with Israel to obtain vaccines more quickly.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
First jab booked for Mrs BiM and I at Epsom next Wednesday (y), but unable to find a slot for the second at the time of booking unless we go to Streatham :(.

Will try & book nearer the time it's due and see what the options are..

Hold the happiness, the system appears to demand that you book your second jab at the time you book the first; if you don't the system cancels the booking. So it appears that you need to book both jabs at the same time & then go back in and try to alter the second if it doesn't suit.

MegaSteve

Tour Winner
Visit site
Hold the happiness, the system appears to demand that you book your second jab at the time you book the first; if you don't the system cancels the booking. So it appears that you need to book both jabs at the same time & then go back in and try to alter the second if it doesn't suit.

Not just us then... That are having issues booking jab two...

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Not just us then... That are having issues booking jab two...

No, definitely not. I can understand that they want to punt people through Epsom as quick as possible for the first, but some of the second jab options weren't great in terms of travel and parking, and as we are both now eligible we were trying to find dates that suited both of us to use one car whilst trying to avoid potential work issues.