Coronavirus - how is it/has it affected you?

drdel

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Its quite simple and there is no need for conjecture.

Login to the vaccination website and with your NHS number try and book a date.

If it accepts your NHS number fine if not wait and try again in a few days.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
one thing i have noticed from my personal exp, is women are the worste for not SD. I see it on a daily basis, walking two or eve 3 abreast and not moving to let people past SD wise, also meeting up out side, this moring coming back from dropping the car off at the garage, i saw groups of mostly momen meeting in s group of 5 and 6 alonmg the Ness and though the islands

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Just last week a few didn't want to book because it said over 64 but was taking over 60s

Anyways now all over 60s can no matter what

upsidedown

Tour Winner
Visit site
Booked in 6 days ago, at what turned out to be a new vaccine hub, starting today . Arrived 15 mins before appointment, waited 5 mins in car and rolled up. No queue, few questions and done 5 mins ahead of schedule with the Az, ??

Last edited:

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Apparently it's a little unfair on the Brazilian's being tarred with this brush, it should be known as the Japanese variant as that is where it was first spotted. The reason it's being called the Brazilian variant is because of the (in)famous outbreak in Manaus!

Anyway, it was pretty obvious that there was going to be another scary variant being flagged as it gives the get out for restrictions being tightened. Given that we've allowed people in without them actually completing the required forms it's not going to be the first or the last international variant.

I think it was a postal test with an incomplete form so may not even have travelled abroad?

road2ruin

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
The post earlier about whether we would still need to isolate with a positive Covid test got me thinking about how things would look on June 21st. Obviously this does assume that all of the steps of the roadmap having been ticked off with no untoward events with the final one being on Monday 21st June. This is the date where we are all unleashed back into society with no restrictions on social contact or anything else. Does anyone else feel that this is going to cause issues with those members of society who have been scared whit less by the MSM over the 18 month period? They are going to be faced with people getting close in supermarkets, potentially no masks and I think it's still going to cause arguments as people's behaviours will have changed, some of them permanently. I think it'll be interesting to see how local communities cope with the new found freedom come the summer.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
The post earlier about whether we would still need to isolate with a positive Covid test got me thinking about how things would look on June 21st. Obviously this does assume that all of the steps of the roadmap having been ticked off with no untoward events with the final one being on Monday 21st June. This is the date where we are all unleashed back into society with no restrictions on social contact or anything else. Does anyone else feel that this is going to cause issues with those members of society who have been scared whit less by the MSM over the 18 month period? They are going to be faced with people getting close in supermarkets, potentially no masks and I think it's still going to cause arguments as people's behaviours will have changed, some of them permanently. I think it'll be interesting to see how local communities cope with the new found freedom come the summer.

Yes, already had this conversation with my my wife. Plan is to ease ourselves into things gently. Plan to take advantage of being able to have a beer outside at the pub, then a meal in a small group, to simply reacclimatise myself to being around people in a social environment. Again, I am going to try and push myself to go to shops etc when open after 12th April to just get used to doing that again so as it will not seem as big a step on 21st June. I can see this being an issue for me and I have not particularly let covid get to me. That said, by April it will be over 6 months since I have been to a shop other than one supermarket

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
With regard to international travel it is utterly ridiculous listening to the Scottish hacks doing a complete 360 degrees from the critical questions they were asking on Friday.
They really are shameless, nae wonder no one in Scotland buys newspapers anymore.

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
With regard to international travel it is utterly ridiculous listening to the Scottish hacks doing a complete 360 degrees from the critical questions they were asking on Friday.
They really are shameless, nae wonder no one in Scotland buys newspapers anymore.
What happened?

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I know that SW London is now doing 55 and over. My brotger (58) got the nod last week - so used the NHS site to book a slot, and was jabbed on Friday.

Fantastic news

From a selfish point of view soon as their done thats me, my dad, my mum, my father and mother in law all done

Thats our support and childcare bubbles covered

Wife should have had the call by now . Maybe the drs still not caught up

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site

Agree, had a cheeky check on there today and was politely declined but going to keep trying just in case I miss the announcement that they have reached my age group. Wife getting vaccinated on Sunday and I am possibly a bit over the top excited that she is getting jabbed and in a few weeks the worst of my worries about her catching it will be over.

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Agree, had a cheeky check on there today and was politely declined but going to keep trying just in case I miss the announcement that they have reached my age group. Wife getting vaccinated on Sunday and I am possibly a bit over the top excited that she is getting jabbed and in a few weeks the worst of my worries about her catching it will be over.
Definitely worth it to keep trying.

I found out from this forum - last Wednesday - that over 60 was being done, despite the NHS website still saying 64 & over. Today I got a letter asking me to book the jab and the letter was dated over a week ago. The point being, the site may well let you book well in advance of you getting your "official invite"

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site

I found out from this forum - last Wednesday - that over 60 was being done, despite the NHS website still saying 64 & over. Today I got a letter asking me to book the jab and the letter was dated over a week ago. The point being, the site may well let you book well in advance of you getting your "official invite"

Agree, not sure why you would not as it takes 30 seconds and do not even need your NHS number.

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site

The website will only update when the great majority of places are ready to move to the next stage, but your locality may well be ahead of that schedule, in some cases by more than one age category. People should absolutely check the website and try to book. No harm done if the computer says no.

road2ruin

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
For anyone worried that they’ll book a vaccine before their time and take someone else’s space! :D

Attachments

• F80B0C27-3515-4BE4-86B3-5C727343D446.jpeg
    F80B0C27-3515-4BE4-86B3-5C727343D446.jpeg
    415.5 KB · Views: 6

Mandofred

Visit site
[QUOTE="pauljames87, post: 2317330, member: 21784"Just last week a few didn't want to book because it said over 64 but was taking over 60s

Anyways now all over 60s can no matter what[/QUOTE]
banjofred.....guilty. (y)

Actually got a note in the mail today telling me to go ahead and try to book (I'm booked for the 12th). The whole country seems to be at different speeds....which is ok....I guess.

Hey....I've got my permanent visa now (jeez, was that a hassle and ££££).....so I don't have to worry about getting kicked out for breaking the rules......well....minor ones.