Coronavirus - how is it/has it affected you?

MegaSteve

Tour Winner
Visit site
No, definitely not. I can understand that they want to punt people through Epsom as quick as possible for the first, but some of the second jab options weren't great in terms of travel and parking, and as we are both now eligible we were trying to find dates that suited both of us to use one car whilst trying to avoid potential work issues.

We were trying to get booked into the centre we can walk to with no luck... So we tried to get booked where we went last time... Could get one of us in but not both on the same day let alone at same time...

D-S

Visit site
With Texas and a couple of other southern states relaxing advice on wearing masks and social distancing , will we be able to learn how such a seemingly ’Neanderthal’ (in the words of Joe Biden) move will pan out in a semi vaccinated environment or will their ‘experiment’ not give us any sort view of potential risk of a too early release?
Seems unbelievably foolhardy to me but questions will arise in due course on when, if things go well, we will/should relax such rules - Autumn or perhaps even never?

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Hold the happiness, the system appears to demand that you book your second jab at the time you book the first; if you don't the system cancels the booking. So it appears that you need to book both jabs at the same time & then go back in and try to alter the second if it doesn't suit.

Book both then cancel second after you have first

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
We were trying to get booked into the centre we can walk to with no luck... So we tried to get booked where we went last time... Could get one of us in but not both on the same day let alone at same time...

None of ours were viable walking distances; 2.5 miles as the crow flies was the nearest that came up. The one that is actually nearest & that we could have walked or taken public transport was never offered to us, which confused me. We've ended up with one at Epsom & one in the middle of Kingston, which will be fun parking at.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

The walk in ones seem to be for people who get a txt invite link (I got this)

The website opens all kinds of centres all over the country including chemists etc

MegaSteve

Tour Winner
Visit site
None of ours were viable walking distances; 2.5 miles as the crow flies was the nearest that came up. The one that is actually nearest & that we could have walked or taken public transport was never offered to us, which confused me. We've ended up with one at Epsom & one in the middle of Kingston, which will be fun parking at.

If we have to travel fine... But as I no longer drive and really prefer not to use public transport, at this time, it makes sense [to us] to get booked in at the same centre at same/similiar time...

oxymoron

Club Champion
Visit site
Hold the happiness, the system appears to demand that you book your second jab at the time you book the first; if you don't the system cancels the booking. So it appears that you need to book both jabs at the same time & then go back in and try to alter the second if it doesn't suit.
Yes this happened to the better half , really pissed her off especially saying she had missed or not turned up for her jab when she still had a week before it was due :rolleyes:

D

Deleted member 25172

With Texas and a couple of other southern states relaxing advice on wearing masks and social distancing , will we be able to learn how such a seemingly ’Neanderthal’ (in the words of Joe Biden) move will pan out in a semi vaccinated environment or will their ‘experiment’ not give us any sort view of potential risk of a too early release?
Seems unbelievably foolhardy to me but questions will arise in due course on when, if things go well, we will/should relax such rules - Autumn or perhaps even never?

Just have a look at my home country Sweden. There it is recommended to wear a mask on public transport between 7-9am and 4-6pm on weekdays. On the other hand, barely anyone have been vaccinated anyway, so the Swedish experiment of going against the rest of the world continues. Unbelievable.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
...bearing in mind that currently just over 12% of Texas residents have been vaccinated...and as some commentators have observed - nightclubs can be fully opened up - and just in time for the academic Spring Break from 19th March. Watch with interest.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
...bearing in mind that currently just over 12% of Texas residents have been vaccinated...and as some commentators have observed - nightclubs can be fully opened up - and just in time for the academic Spring Break from 19th March. Watch with interest.

Lot of countries and states need to be careful about spring break. Tens of thousands of students looking for a party, not at all a recipe for disaster.

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site

Unfortunately not all centers are on the central booking site . Our only big vaccination centre in N Devon for some reason refuses to go on the main site and has to be booked via a link sent by the GP. Causing major confusion in the area.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Unfortunately not all centers are on the central booking site . Our only big vaccination centre in N Devon for some reason refuses to go on the main site and has to be booked via a link sent by the GP. Causing major confusion in the area.
Hmmm - I am waiting for the vaccination centre 5mins walk from my front door to show availability on the central booking system - but I have never once yet seen ANY availibility...I wonder if it's just for GP appointments.

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
Hmmm - I am waiting for the vaccination centre 5mins walk from my front door to show availability on the central booking system - but I have never once yet seen ANY availibility...I wonder if it's just for GP appointments.

More than likely. Once again it highlights inefficiency in NHS and GP admin. You get a letter informing you to book an appointment, appointment not in a convenient location so wait for GP to contact you by another letter or text. Crazy and expensive.