Coronavirus - how is it/has it affected you?

larmen

Head Pro
Visit site
Got my text message today with an invite for booking an appointment.
Non available right now but I keep checking and book one hopefully very soon.

D

Deleted member 18588

Over 70's here but because there are so many of us it has so far restricted to 72 to 75.

Guess who is 71³/⁴?

U

User62651

Still don’t actual know anyone personally who has been badly affected by it. Loads have been tested positive but all went through with zero issues
I have a near neighbour I don't know who was in an induced coma for 3 weeks but pulled through. Only people I know who had it bad are both GPs in mid 50s, one hospitalised ill, other one quite ill but at home. Both on the mend. Guess they get exposed to high viral loads.

Reemul

Head Pro
Visit site
Still don’t actual know anyone personally who has been badly affected by it. Loads have been tested positive but all went through with zero issues

I don't actually understand what that means really, i mean there are loads of things that happen to other people that I have never known anyone have does that make them any less serious or sad or depressing, probably not to those involved just thank your lucky stars it hasn't happened to anyone you know or are close to because when it does it is dreadful.

Captainron

Big Hitting, South African Sweary Person
Visit site
I don't actually understand what that means really, i mean there are loads of things that happen to other people that I have never known anyone have does that make them any less serious or sad or depressing, probably not to those involved just thank your lucky stars it hasn't happened to anyone you know or are close to because when it does it is dreadful.
Just answering the question, how has it affected you (me) and so far it hasn’t really. Anything else?

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site

I guess it is just a direct thing. I live in a rural community and work in a market town and so the direct impact is limited. Does not make the position any less heartbreaking or impact on how I behave but I know 3 people that have actually had covid and they are all fine. On a direct impact level covid has not really impacted so far as people who have had it are concerned but it makes it no less worrying or concerning overall.

larmen

Head Pro
Visit site
Got my text message today with an invite for booking an appointment.
Non available right now but I keep checking and book one hopefully very soon.
Logged in again to check the medical centre options and the one a couple of miles away from here had a spot tomorrow evening.

I think I am category 4. I was guessing if I might be nothing or slip into cat 6, maybe my doc will tell me more next month when I see him.

The 2nd one got a mention with a 12 week note to it, who knows what happens. Just happy to be on the list for a 1st shot.

HeftyHacker

Visit site
I had covid back in September and got through it relatively unscathed with the exception of my smell and taste. Lost both until about December time and I'm only really understanding now just how skewed my sense of both are.

Been struggling with a lot of meats tasting a bit grim and a lot of things that are oven cooked now have the same kind of taste to it, a tasteI can't really explain but its kind of like everything tastes like it's been in a paper bag for a while.. Weirdly I was on a bike ride today and noticed that fumes from cars smelt the same. Maybe its almost a default setting for my nose and taste for things it doesn't recognise.

I'm pretty gutted, I don't enjoy Indian food as much as I used to (and I loved it) and I used to adore a fried egg butty in the morning but now they make me gip.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
My colleague had it sometime towards the end of the year and was talking a couple of weeks ago about his taste.
Normally he's a self-confessed complete wuss with spicy food, eats kormas, nothing hotter etc. When he had Covid he eventually got to trying raw, hot ? chillies and tasted absolutely nothing.
I guess he wouldn't want his taste to kick back in halfway through.....:eek: