Coronavirus - how is it/has it affected you?

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Nothing about gross misconduct?

Genuine question... why? assume it was not on school premises, or wearing a school uniform or snogging someone school related. We are making an assumption that the infection happened at the party. Is there a way to prove it?
If I was Rudy Gulianni, i would say, she got it from school and so she should be suing.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Good luck with that in front of an appeal.. There is no contract with the school about not-partying.
We dont know how many were at the Party.. what if it was a silent disco and everyone tested before hand.

On the other hand... black mark in my register.

Definitely can't see it being a dismissal offence but on the other hand, I don't think it'll do any promotion prospects any good.

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
People seem tone very lax about this ‘lockdown’ compared to the first.

Did a scientific test today!

Went out for our walk today along an A Road, around 35 metres. During March April 38/40/ 40 cars passed during the distance walked. Today it was 82. Over 100% increase.

Take responsibility folks.

SaintHacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
REally hope this news about the vaccine is true, it does seem to be stacking up with the government actions so far. However I can see pubs/restaurants etc staying closed well into the new year. Its obvious that its lengthy exposure in indoor settings that transmits the virus, so to keep schools open something has to give, this could well be the reason the JSS has been extended to March

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
People seem tone very lax about this ‘lockdown’ compared to the first.

Did a scientific test today!

Went out for our walk today along an A Road, around 35 metres. During March April 38/40/ 40 cars passed during the distance walked. Today it was 82. Over 100% increase.

Take responsibility folks.

Same day of week, time of day, weather conditions? Need a lot more observations to draw a scientific conclusion. In any case, being in a car carries no risk of spreading Covid. it is what you do if and when you get out of the car that matters.

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Same day of week, time of day, weather conditions? Need a lot more observations to draw a scientific conclusion. In any case, being in a car carries no risk of spreading Covid. it is what you do if and when you get out of the car that matters.
E
Sure you saw the !

It was a giveaway comment but for your info. similar time of day, no idea re other points you raised but appreciate your reply

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Not really been out of the house since Wednesday so decided we'd go for our first walk to get some exercise. Went for a walk in Greenwich Park. My goodness there were so many people. Ok, I know that risk of transmission outside is pretty low but I know I'd have felt much more comfortable on the golf course with far fewer people. Only saying...

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
Depends who's in the said car, 1 household would be ok if staying within their own health board area, but 4 golfing pals would probably be a different matter .

D

Deleted member 1740

Quick question. If you test positive, how long are you meant to isolate for as not sure. Assume cannot be until the end of symptoms as can have them for months. Is it a set 14 days or are there criteria you have to meet to end isolation. Not got it but interested to know if the day comes

10 days from symptoms or positive test date, providing your symptom (temperature) free for 48hrs.

I know this as I've had the text today to say my isolation period ends at 23:59 tonight.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Genuine question... why? assume it was not on school premises, or wearing a school uniform or snogging someone school related. We are making an assumption that the infection happened at the party. Is there a way to prove it?
If I was Rudy Gulianni, i would say, she got it from school and so she should be suing.

Given that she has a duty of care to her charges, and assuming the normal level of stupidity from those who tend to post their antics on Faceache, partying all week in the current climate doesn't exactly sit well with that duty of care in my opinion. In her position I believe she should be held to a higher standard.

As it would be a civil rather than criminal case if it went anywhere, and as such the standard of proof is balance of probabilities rather than beyond all reasonable doubt, I'd say there's a good chance a case could be made in the current climate.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Out for a walk yesterday we noted how busy the main road past town was when we crossed around 1:30pm. A lot of traffic out there on essential business and individuals moving from one part of the country to another...first lockdown the road was basically empty.

That said at the same time our local park was busy - I guess a lot of families staying local for a walk or to play in play-parks or simply passing time that would have been spent visiting others or in having Sunday lunch out...

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Roads were a lot quieter today than on Thursday and Friday. Can see people finishing off last week in the office before working from home this week.

D

Deleted member 25172

Got back from Sweden yesterday and the tube was pretty much empty as I got on just before 9 pm. When I got off at Kings Cross to change lines I didn't see more than max 10 people as I was making my way to the Northern Line. That's not usually the case on a Sunday evening.

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Given that she has a duty of care to her charges, and assuming the normal level of stupidity from those who tend to post their antics on Faceache, partying all week in the current climate doesn't exactly sit well with that duty of care in my opinion. In her position I believe she should be held to a higher standard.

As it would be a civil rather than criminal case if it went anywhere, and as such the standard of proof is balance of probabilities rather than beyond all reasonable doubt, I'd say there's a good chance a case could be made in the current climate.

I agree to higher standards... but equally, not sure it will stand up... Some of our political masters (and their masters and dads) have broken the spirit of lockdown a few times. So i would argue it will be difficult to dismiss. I agree with Homer's point that, the optics are not good and it will affect promotion chances. BTW, i am assuming the facebook pics would have been taken down by now.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Our 3 weekly big shopping trip today, and bearing in mind tomorrow sees the start of the municipality lockdown. Basically, you can't leave the town you live in, which isn't great if you live in a village.

Spanish supermarket - slightly busier than usual. Normal number of tills open. No problem getting anything, no bear shelves.
Iceland - totally rammed. Probably 20-30 cars in the overspill, usually none. A number of empty shelves, and lots of mutterings. Double the number of tills normally open, and queuing like I've never seen in there.

Brits panic buying.