Coronavirus - how is it/has it affected you?

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Just young people ?

How about “everyone” acts responsibly as opposed to pointing fingers as a specific demographic
'More young people' doesn't even mean all of them.

Just take a look at the infection age demographics and you will see the age group mainly catching and spreading the virus and the way it then creeps into older age groups. Fingers need pointing where responsibility lies and your PC attitude doesn't change anything.

huds1475

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Can’t remember the last time I read the faq or T&Cs of an app before installing
Me neither.

But given its importance, and the nature of agile development, though the FAQ's were worth reading.

And they were.

Cover a lot of the questions that have been posted in here since release.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
There was a Woman on the News complaining that she had her hair done but couldn't understand why she couldn't get her nails done as well, She said it suggesting the rule is stupid, I would hazard a guess that it's due to hairdressers standing behind you and Nail doers sitting face to face. The government. can't really put out all this detail or people will really get confused but I expect the trade have been told the whys and why nots and could tell the customers. If you can't work out why then why not just be content that it's to protect your health.
yes - i watched that woman complain about her nails...and that's just what I mean by why X but not Y. Maybe Ok doing one or the other - but not both. And yes - why some seem incapable of just accepting rather that questioning what in many cases is often - indeed usually - simply a bit of an inconvenience.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Maybe so, but if they don't do it they can't be photographed doing it, can they?
True, but if plenty of others are also ignoring the guidelines and not being photographed is that really any different? Also take into account there are an estimated 44,500 students in Nottingham. How many are pictured being out and genuinely ignoring the rules? Not just out with their housemates, allowed, but breaking the rules?

Jamesbrown

Head Pro
Visit site
There was a Woman on the News complaining that she had her hair done but couldn't understand why she couldn't get her nails done as well, She said it suggesting the rule is stupid, I would hazard a guess that it's due to hairdressers standing behind you and Nail doers sitting face to face. The government. can't really put out all this detail or people will really get confused but I expect the trade have been told the whys and why nots and could tell the customers. If you can't work out why then why not just be content that it's to protect your health.

But they’ll have masks on ? why shouldn’t they be able to get their nails done?
Wouldn’t surprise me if some went beyond and had Perspex screens with a hole for the hands. Hairdressers don’t just stand behind either. I wish they did, maybe our lass wouldn’t come back with a horrid fringe.

Completely unfair to nail salon owners and workers in my opinion and not forgetting other affected trades.
Nonsensical. where’s the data supporting that decision?

anotherdouble

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
My daughter has tested positive today, her symptoms are loss of taste and smell.
Thankfully she's ok but now we have to isolate for 14 days.

Having to cancel/reschedule work is a pain in the ass.
Look after the young one fam and the rest of the crowd, am sure you can take some sweet money off of some unsuspecting soul when you get back out?

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
True, but if plenty of others are also ignoring the guidelines and not being photographed is that really any different? Also take into account there are an estimated 44,500 students in Nottingham. How many are pictured being out and genuinely ignoring the rules? Not just out with their housemates, allowed, but breaking the rules?
It's not just Students, when I'm out and about I see young people all over the place ignoring social distancing and when I say young I'm talking about ages between around 15 to 30. The stats speak for themselves.

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
But they’ll have masks on ? why shouldn’t they be able to get their nails done?
Wouldn’t surprise me if some went beyond and had Perspex screens with a hole for the hands. Hairdressers don’t just stand behind either. I wish they did, maybe our lass wouldn’t come back with a horrid fringe.

Completely unfair to nail salon owners and workers in my opinion and not forgetting other affected trades.
Nonsensical. where’s the data supporting that decision?
So you think it's been done to be nasty to Nail technicians ?

D

Deleted member 15344

As I’ve stated, our highest in the city is the University area/campus, and I see loads of them in and around the nearby shopping areas blatantly refusing to wear masks!

They’re an ignorant generation.

Ignorant generation ?

Every generation had their issues - and every generation could be accused of being ignorant when they were in the teens to 20’s

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
It's not just Students, when I'm out and about I see young people all over the place ignoring social distancing and when I say young I'm talking about ages between around 15 to 30. The stats speak for themselves.
In the first wave it was older people. Were they at fault for that? Students have been shoved together, same as school kids, go back to Pendodave's post, #10,530. No surprise numbers exploded.

D

Deleted member 15344

'More young people' doesn't even mean all of them.

Just take a look at the infection age demographics and you will see the age group mainly catching and spreading the virus and the way it then creeps into older age groups. Fingers need pointing where responsibility lies and your PC attitude doesn't change anything.

Our friends parents live in Manchester , they ignored the Tier 3 rules and last weekend travelled to visit their daughter in MK - both in their 70’s

At the club we have had multiple issues with seniors ignoring mask rules , social distancing

There will be instances all over of older generation ignoring the rules

And it’s no surprise that the spreading of virus will be higher in young people when they are all back in schools , universities whilst all sticking to rules - what about the first wave when it was going through the older generation? Imagine if young people pointing the finger at your generation and blamed you

It’s no surprise that older people point fingers of blame at the younger generation but its everyone’s responsibility and it’s people from all ages have caused issues.

Fingers don’t need pointing at all because all that does is cause resentment and anger.

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
It's not just Students, when I'm out and about I see young people all over the place ignoring social distancing and when I say young I'm talking about ages between around 15 to 30.
Of course there are people of all ages being irresponsible but it's undeniable the main group are younger people.

skynews-regional-heat-map-coronavirus_5136592.jpg

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
I don't think it is helpful to blame certain groups, that just allows others to be more casual about their own behaviour. Kids and students were pushed back as a matter of policy. It isn't young people i see with masks improperly fitted or not on at all when I am out.

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Our friends parents live in Manchester , they ignored the Tier 3 rules and last weekend travelled to visit their daughter in MK - both in their 70’s

At the club we have had multiple issues with seniors ignoring mask rules , social distancing

There will be instances all over of older generation ignoring the rules

And it’s no surprise that the spreading of virus will be higher in young people when they are all back in schools , universities whilst all sticking to rules - what about the first wave when it was going through the older generation? Imagine if young people pointing the finger at your generation and blamed you

It’s no surprise that older people point fingers of blame at the younger generation but its everyone’s responsibility and it’s people from all ages have caused issues.

Fingers don’t need pointing at all because all that does is cause resentment and anger.
Things won't change because of the kind of denial being shown in your post. Being protective of the cause may be comfortable but it's dangerous.

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I don't think it is helpful to blame certain groups, that just allows others to be more casual about their own behaviour. Kids and students were pushed back as a matter of policy. It isn't young people i see with masks improperly fitted or not on at all when I am out.
What do you think about the data in the heat charts like the one I just posted.
I see many young people without masks and all over each other.

D

Deleted member 15344

Things won't change because of the kind of denial being shown in your post. Being protective of the cause may be comfortable but it's dangerous.
The only person in denial is yourself and this constant need to point fingers and blame others for everything.

The cause is an illness, it doesn’t pick the age it infects , it’s doesnt decide to target certain demographics. Young people have been told to go back to school , universities , work , social events yet it’s their fault ?!

Last edited by a moderator:

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
What do you think about the data in the heat charts like the one I just posted.

The data is the data, the current regional prevalences are clearly highest in young people, but that doesn't mean they are as a sweeping generalisation, the problem. The Govt required schools to restart and colleges to return, and an upsurge of cases was inevitable. The schools in my neck of the woods are working very hard with bubbles and all kinds of changes (no football in the school yard etc) to keepthines under control.

If you want to look where serious problems arise, it is stuff like this: Idiots

D

Deleted member 16999

If Schools and Universities had stayed closed I wonder if the demographic of cases would still be in the same age ranges?:unsure:

They said on the Local News here tonight that cases in the north east of England are still growing, but much more slowly than before and the region was also starting to see a fall in the number of 18-24 year olds catching the virus.