Coronavirus - how is it/has it affected you?

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Soo disappointing hearing folks interviewed deliberately feigning ignorance over some of the rules - never mind the a-hole behaviour by many in Nottingham last night - and others still complaining ‘if I can do this why can’t I do that’...

Is there nobody out there able to explain simply and clearly to us the additive nature of risk across different community scenarios. That two covid risk scenarios look identical - and may indeed be identical risk-wise, we can’t do everything if the cumulative risk exceeds the level in the community that is deemed manageable.

The experts have to choose between all the scenarios which ones the community can participate in and which ones the community can’t. Because it’s all about cumulative risk in the community rather the the specific risk faced by any individual. But that does not seem to be getting explained - it certainly doesn’t seem to be understood by many,

D

Deleted member 1740

My daughter has tested positive today, her symptoms are loss of taste and smell.
Thankfully she's ok but now we have to isolate for 14 days.

Having to cancel/reschedule work is a pain in the ass.

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Soo disappointing hearing folks interviewed deliberately feigning ignorance over some of the rules - never mind the a-hole behaviour by many in Nottingham last night - and others still complaining ‘if I can do this why can’t I do that’...

Is there nobody out there able to explain simply and clearly to us the additive nature of risk across different community scenarios. That two covid risk scenarios look identical - and may indeed be identical risk-wise, we can’t do everything if the cumulative risk exceeds the level in the community that is deemed manageable.

The experts have to choose between all the scenarios which ones the community can participate in and which ones the community can’t. Because it’s all about cumulative risk in the community rather the the specific risk faced by any individual. But that does not seem to be getting explained - it certainly doesn’t seem to be understood by many,
There was a Woman on the News complaining that she had her hair done but couldn't understand why she couldn't get her nails done as well, She said it suggesting the rule is stupid, I would hazard a guess that it's due to hairdressers standing behind you and Nail doers sitting face to face. The government. can't really put out all this detail or people will really get confused but I expect the trade have been told the whys and why nots and could tell the customers. If you can't work out why then why not just be content that it's to protect your health.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
My daughter has tested positive today, her symptoms are loss of taste and smell.
Thankfully she's ok but now we have to isolate for 14 days.

Having to cancel/reschedule work is a pain in the ass.

My niece is a teacher and has tested positive, a child at the school where she teaches was positive so widespread tests were carried out, quite a few teachers then were found to be positive, although none of them displayed any symptoms!

It has now transpired that my nieces son, aged 2 has tested positive, again no symptoms but is being closely monitored.

It makes you wonder how many positive people are out & about spreading without knowing as they have no symptoms.

Are you getting tested Stu, but then do you need to as you’re self isolating anyway now, so do you need to know?

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
My niece is a teacher and has tested positive, a child at the school where she teaches was positive so widespread tests were carried out, quite a few teachers then were found to be positive, although none of them displayed any symptoms!

It has now transpired that my nieces son, aged 2 has tested positive, again no symptoms but is being closely monitored.

It makes you wonder how many positive people are out & about spreading without knowing as they have no symptoms.

Are you getting tested Stu, but then do you need to as you’re self isolating anyway now, so do you need to know?

My money would be on an awful lot, as there is a belief that this has been about since October last year.

D

Deleted member 1740

Im not 100% certain but I've had a test today.

Blue in Munich

Visit site
There was a Woman on the News complaining that she had her hair done but couldn't understand why she couldn't get her nails done as well, She said it suggesting the rule is stupid, I would hazard a guess that it's due to hairdressers standing behind you and Nail doers sitting face to face. The government. can't really put out all this detail or people will really get confused but I expect the trade have been told the whys and why nots and could tell the customers. If you can't work out why then why not just be content that it's to protect your health.

Whilst I appreciate the point you are making, I've been served a few times recently by someone standing behind a screen, so if the woman was happy to sit the other side of a screen facing the nail technician I can see her point.

Blue in Munich

Visit site
Just young people ?

How about “everyone” acts responsibly as opposed to pointing fingers as a specific demographic

Indeed Phil, everybody needs to act responsibly, but looking at the pictures from Nottingham, I'm not seeing many middle aged or old people...

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Cheers pal.

Couldn't happen at a worse time mate. Busiest period of the year and i'm forced to take 2 weeks off without pay. Ball ache

All the best Stu, as others have said, hope you and the family are OK

Assuming youre self employed then you can claim the first 3 mths of the SEISS extension which should more than cover 2 weeks wages?

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Just young people ?

How about “everyone” acts responsibly as opposed to pointing fingers as a specific demographic
Suggest you look at the coverage from Nottingham last night and you'll see its by and large teens and twenty somethings acting totally irresponsibly and in disregard for the rules and the police trying to keep some degree of order and break things up. It's not the 30 somethings or the middle or older generations gathering in large groups regularly. It's university students and youngsters as per last night