Coronavirus - how is it/has it affected you?

Jamesbrown

Head Pro
Visit site
I bloody said I did if you actually read it. I said I ran off the pavement and into the road to avoid people.

If golf is frowned upon in here, so should running, could break an ankle! Cycling shouldn’t be allowed, could fall off and seriously hurt yourself.

Personally I’m not doing either or care but need some balance with all the bashing!

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
Only just heard about this NHS clapping thing.

Was a bit baffled by the video clips on the news site which literally seemed to show people gathering in the streets.

All for appreciating the NHS but not in a way that could strain it more than it already is strained.

If I worked for the NHS I would be pretty irate about people going outside all at once at this time.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
If golf is frowned upon in here, so should running, could break an ankle! Cycling shouldn’t be allowed, could fall off and seriously hurt yourself.

Personally I’m not doing either or care but need some balance with all the bashing!

I agree, exercise should be walking only, we should do nothing that if it went wrong could put more pressure on an already overstretched NHS, walk don’t run, or cycle, or skip, or dance, prance, get a grip the lot of you ?

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Every other day we've had a guy come round in his little truck- think of the greenkeeper spraying the fairway, spraying the street. About an hour later he's round again with a backpack doing the pavements. Just received notification that we are to keep all windows and doors closed between 9am and 11am when the village will be disinfected from the air.

User20204

Visit site
Only just heard about this NHS clapping thing.

Was a bit baffled by the video clips on the news site which literally seemed to show people gathering in the streets.

All for appreciating the NHS but not in a way that could strain it more than it already is strained.

If I worked for the NHS I would be pretty irate about people going outside all at once at this time.

This is a wind up right ?

huds1475

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Every other day we've had a guy come round in his little truck- think of the greenkeeper spraying the fairway, spraying the street. About an hour later he's round again with a backpack doing the pavements. Just received notification that we are to keep all windows and doors closed between 9am and 11am when the village will be disinfected from the air.
Heavy duty stuff that Brian.

Hope it does the business

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
With all due respect, kindly sod off. If going for run is all I'm allowed to do - and I am allowed - then I will do it the way I see fit.

I get that in the UK you're allowed to (doesn't mean you have to though)
But if you choose to go out I think it would help if everyone only went out 50% of what they planned
Either go for half the time/distance or go only every other day
If everyone did that the interactions would also fall by half, that's gotta be a good thing, and is there any downside?

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
I'm just repeating the advice given by every expert on the planet.

I notice you didn't have a go at Orikoru for going out running and holding his breathe if there's no room.
I hadn’t read that post and could say exactly the same.

Anyway. Looked like our whole road came out last night and stood by their doors and applauded.

Hacker Khan

Yurt Dwelling, Yoghurt Knitter
Visit site
Forget the runners, it's the bloody mamils that are driving me nuts. I mean what do you look like, pretending you are in a stage of the Tour de France? You are a middle aged accountant riding down a lane, not Chris Froome going up Alp D'Huez, just put a pair of shorts on and a t shirt and grow up for gods sake. ;)

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Having to put up with the missus worrying about the bloody virus. She reads so much crap online about it and is convinced everyone she loves will die from it. Driving me bloody nuts.

While I'm not "convinced that anyone/everyone I love will die" I have to admit that I'm also worried about it.

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I have not seen anything like this here, South Korea were doing this quite early on.
It does seem very sensible.

MegaSteve

Tour Winner
Visit site
Hooray!!! Message appears to have, at last, got through... Public transport is for essential travel ONLY... Top marks to Sadiq for sticking to message... And, shame on you Hancock for seeking to suggest otherwise...

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
I have not seen anything like this here, South Korea were doing this quite early on.
It does seem very sensible.

South Korea are a nation of discipline though. They can track any person at any time via phones and bank card use, they can respond directly to where people have travelled and take steps. They are an incredibly advanced nation. They also have a better manufacturing and research industry and went straight into developing test kits for early diagnosis.

If you tried any of those measures in this country you'd have all the human rights idiots up in arms.