Coronavirus - how is it/has it affected you?

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site
Quite disappointed out of 27 houses in our street only the wife, me and the neighbours across the road did it, quite surprised really, I was all dressed up with a carrier bag with eye holes over my head and my rubber gloves .:D

Surely that's your normal bedroom attire?

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
I might have to start a new Football Manager game.
I'm thinking maybe Rangers, try and achieve what Stevie G can't.

Currently downloading it as I type. Had made do with the app but after a few goes it gets pretty easy and lacks the depth. So will start a new career tomorrow as my Internet is awful 2mb atm ??

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
To all my forum friends that have just taken a few minutes to applaud the NHS staff, I thank you on behalf and each and everyone of my colleagues in every NHS function across the UK. Such a small gesture but it means so much. As someone working in an ICU and working with such a dedicated, professional and caring bunch on a daily basis, it fills me with pride to watch how they are facing this crisis head on with steadfastness, compassion and humour. We are one and we will get through it. Thanks again guys. Stay safe, and stay indoors. I can tell you from what I see daily, it really does make a difference

Homer ... thanks for what all of you are doing.. I hope it gets recognition in the long term not just at this silly time.
HID is a dentist and I have some surreal conversations with her ranging from lack of PPE to wanting to keep their practice open for emergencies (as it stops people going to A&E ). . As self employed (don’t ask), she is unlikely to get paid for it till June. But we can hopefully cover that. Naturally as a family, we would want her to stay home and stay safe but I must say medicos are wired differently. So all I can do is give a patient ear and pray

Keep up the good work guys and we will all make it to the other side.

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Currently downloading it as I type. Had made do with the app but after a few goes it gets pretty easy and lacks the depth. So will start a new career tomorrow as my Internet is awful 2mb atm ??

Have you got a link to the download? I really want to get Football Manager 2005 on my new laptop but foolishly got one without a CD drive so can't install it.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Generally someone on a run is probably trying to achieve a particular time or milestone - or for me personally if I had to stop and stand still for 30 seconds it completely ruins the run for me because I'm trying to complete the distance without stopping. On the runs I've been doing I run right out in the road to get round people if there's no car coming, but also people have been courteous and stood to one side for a second. If there's no space I just hold my breath while I run past!

If you are really worried about timing your run right now, you have missed the point. You should be appreciating the few moments you are out.

What part of stay at home do people not get?

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
If you are really worried about timing your run right now, you have missed the point. You should be appreciating the few moments you are out.

What part of stay at home do people not get?
With all due respect, kindly sod off. If going for run is all I'm allowed to do - and I am allowed - then I will do it the way I see fit.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Talking to a senior Sister/nurse manager from one of the London hospitals this afternoon. She retired last week and, yesterday, asked her boss could she come back this week. "No, not this week. In two weeks time when 20% of the team are off sick."

Bearing in mind the infections rate amongst medics over here, 13% generally and over 20% in acute care, not a bad call.

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Only 3 houses where we live but we'll be doing it

Bit like us then, I meant to do it but was deep into a telephone call with my daughter.
Heard some strange noise outside and could not think what it was.
Half an hour later I fathomed out that it was our three other neighbours clapping.
Really feel guilty for missing it now.:(