Coronavirus - how is it/has it affected you?

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Forget the runners, it's the bloody mamils that are driving me nuts. I mean what do you look like, pretending you are in a stage of the Tour de France? You are a middle aged accountant riding down a lane, not Chris Froome going up Alp D'Huez, just put a pair of shorts on and a t shirt and grow up for gods sake. ;)
Is it not the same as men wearing full favourite football team kit to have a kick about ?

Captainron

Big Hitting, South African Sweary Person
Visit site
While I'm not "convinced that anyone/everyone I love will die" I have to admit that I'm also worried about it.
There’s worry (which I am too) and then there’s the other level of worry......

Which is way OTT. That’s then fuelled by the social media which she is checking constantly.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Forget the runners, it's the bloody mamils that are driving me nuts. I mean what do you look like, pretending you are in a stage of the Tour de France? You are a middle aged accountant riding down a lane, not Chris Froome going up Alp D'Huez, just put a pair of shorts on and a t shirt and grow up for gods sake. ;)
The functionality of the clothing is more important than the look. It's interesting though that you are more conscious of their clothing than they are, and having been one who wore the lycra on a mountain bike...I didn't care what people thought either:)

Last edited:

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I have not seen anything like this here, South Korea were doing this quite early on.
It does seem very sensible.
Really though? Inside on hard surfaces might be good. Outside on soft surfaces? If be interested in seeing the science (not really, as long as people who know what they're doing see it, that's good enough for me).
Copying everything someone else does, just because, really isn't really a modus operandi I'm that bothered about.

robinthehood

Hacker
Visit site
Really though? Inside on hard surfaces might be good. Outside on soft surfaces? If be interested in seeing the science (not really, as long as people who know what they're doing see it, that's good enough for me).
Copying everything someone else does, just because, really isn't really a modus operandi I'm that bothered about.
It does sound a bit OTT , especially when you hear from experts about how long a virus can live outside,

Qwerty

Tour Winner
Visit site
What will it take to relax the relaxed lockdown? 3 weeks minimum of zero new cases in the UK?
It’s anyone’s guess when that will be due to the amount of non essential works still being undertaken and general selfish stupidity out there.

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
found out this morning that the fire brigades Union have agreed for us to be used for driving ambulances and moving mass body's to morgues ?. not looking forward to that!!!!

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
Serious question
Does anyone know how this virus has been spreading or read how?
I take my so out running every other day whilst I cycle along behind him.
We definitely keep the 2m rule easily.
Serious question again,are we at risk?
I had to go and get some bread yesterday at the local co-op when I went to the till I was a metre away from the cashier a girl around 20
Surely I’m more at risk shopping?
We have been so careful as a family since it started and have plenty of essentials generally.
Going out for food is surely a big risk?

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
What will it take to relax the relaxed lockdown? 3 weeks minimum of zero new cases in the UK?
It’s anyone’s guess when that will be due to the amount of non essential works still being undertaken and general selfish stupidity out there.
China are only now relaxing their movement restrictions and that’s after numbers of new cases is pretty consistently now down to zero ?

MegaSteve

Tour Winner
Visit site
Yep, but I can only find stuff that's a couple days old - not seeing anything more recent from him.

In summary... Today's news indicates footfall on the tube has dropped substantially... From day one Sadiq has promoted travel on public transport is for essential use only... Hancock, earlier in the week, chimed in the service should be expanded to accommodate folk working in construction etc ... Majority not necessarily on 'essential' projects...

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Serious question
I had to go and get some bread yesterday at the local co-op when I went to the till I was a metre away from the cashier a girl around 20
We have been so careful as a family since it started and have plenty of essentials generally.
Briefly - it’s droplet transmitted rather than breath - is what the evidence indicates - so someone coughing and droplets hitting you plus your hands picking it up from hard surfaces - all entering body through mucus interfaces - eyes, nose, mouth Plenty of more detailed stuff on PHE website.

on cashier risk less than 1m away - this is why many supermarkets are erecting screens between cashier and customer.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Serious question
My layman's understanding is you can catch it by touching things that an infected person has touched and then touching your face. So before and after you've been round the shop make sure you wash your hands with disinfectant thoroughly, since you probably touched quite a few items on the shelves that other people have touched. Ideally if you have cleaning wipes at home you should probably give everything you bought a quick wipe before you put it away.

Qwerty

Tour Winner
Visit site
China are only now relaxing their movement restrictions and that’s after numbers of new cases is pretty consistently now down to zero ?

...Yep, and that is following on from stringent lockdowns. Spraying the streets with next to zero public movement.
I can’t help thinking were dragging this out unnecessarily. Herd immunity?. at what cost.

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Fair point, but if they have contained it and reduced the levels of infections .. and that is case from the data. You copy it hook line and sinker till proven otherwise.. sometimes the questions have to wait till after the event. Discipline is king, individuality could be your biggest enemy.
What we are seeing here in this country is a lack of discipline that is actively promoted and now when we need a bit of discipline and a bit of shut up and do as your told ... we still get the questioning brigade pushing back .. this is about helping others not satisfying an intellectual willy swinging competition.
Thankfully we are only imposing fines but there are videos of the Indian police hitting people with sticks ..