Coronavirus - how is it/has it affected you?

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Went out into the local woods on my bike this afternoon, place was really busy yet again, felt like a normal summers evening with the amount of people who were there.
Lots of solo people running which is great, but lots of families and multiple families all walking in packs.
Mental.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
May sound very in-British, but Hope everyone joins in today... our street is going to join in from doors, balconies and street level

I know a lot of the staff at work appreciate the gesture and it has been a hot topic of conversation, but the cynics amongst them would like more PPE gear from the government, a salary when this is over to recognise the work they do every day, not just during this crisis and some eggs, meat and rice. If anyone is thinking of taking part, thank you from someone that is seeing daily how far over and beyond, all of the staff are going from the ward clerks taking a steady influx of calls with diligence and fielding them efficiently, the admin staff diverted to deal with escalation processes, to staff taken out of their comfort zone and working on the front line in A&E or ICU and of course those doctors and nurses working long hours in testing conditions in PPE equipment (the stuff we have) especially things like tornado masks. THANK YOU ONE AND ALL. Your support will be hugely appreciated and will make a massive confidence and morale

drdel

Tour Rookie
Visit site
The previous chancellor impressed me with morals when told to sack his people to keep his job

This guy has impressed me with how quickly he has taken the roll and just done what he can

Noticed his comment about leveling taxes though ...wonder what he actually meant eh

I think he'll want to address the NI differences with employed and self-employed as well as the wangle used by many high profile celebrities and who claim employment by their own companies but have only one customer and/or claim to be freelance using the low corporation tax rather than be high rate taxpayers.

HMRC will gather considerable insight into the affairs of many of the SE and the shell companies to help close loop holes and tax avoidance schemes

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Rant. What is it with joggers/runners.

We go out for a short early evening walk through very quiet park and fields - actively remaining aware of anyone else behind or coming towards us - to make sure we absolutely maintain at least 2m separation - stopping and waiting where the path is about to narrow - and other walkers do likewise.

But joggers (well the ones we've encountered) just keep running - straight towards you or right up behind you and past less than 2m away. Really, really pees us off. What is it with runners that makes then think that they don't need to do their part in maintaining separation - that they and only they don't have to stop and wait for someone else.

Rant over.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Rant. What is it with joggers.

We go out for a short early evening walk through very quiet park and fields - actively remaining aware of anyone else behind or coming towards us - to make sure we absolutely maintain at least 2m separation - stopping and waiting where the path is about to narrow - and other walkers do likewise.

But joggers just keep running - straight towards you or right up behind you and past less than 2m away. Really, really pees us off. What is it with runners that makes then think that they don't need to do their part in maintaining separation - that they and only they don't have to stop and wait for someone else.

Rant over.

While sweating and panting everywhere.

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
I know a lot of the staff at work appreciate the gesture and it has been a hot topic of conversation, but the cynics amongst them would like more PPE gear from the government, a salary when this is over to recognise the work they do every day, not just during this crisis and some eggs, meat and rice. If anyone is thinking of taking part, thank you from someone that is seeing daily how far over and beyond, all of the staff are going from the ward clerks taking a steady influx of calls with diligence and fielding them efficiently, the admin staff diverted to deal with escalation processes, to staff taken out of their comfort zone and working on the front line in A&E or ICU and of course those doctors and nurses working long hours in testing conditions in PPE equipment (the stuff we have) especially things like tornado masks. THANK YOU ONE AND ALL. Your support will be hugely appreciated and will make a massive confidence and morale

The PPE has been distributed to the NHS, the problem is the ability of the NHS to sort out their distribution problems. The continued blame of the government is unfair on this point IMO. Norfolk had a major delivery yet we get the staff on the Norfolk blood donation organisation complaining about no PPE.

Just back from a Logie RM group at Chivnor who have been involved and at the distribution centres that they went to the staff there just stood on one side and left the unloading to the boys. Seems like there are areas of the NHS letting their own colleagues down.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Self employed announcement made, very generous for most self employed businesses. 80% of profits of the last 3 years profits to a max of £2500 per months (provided under £50000 profits I think he said)

Delay in implementation probably about June time before funds arrived and HMRC to write to you.

SILH< your son has 4 weeks to get in his tax return, or he wouldn't be due it.

I doubt many new start-ups will show a profit per se, what with set-up costs etc, sometimes it takes a couple of years before you start seeing the nuggets fall to the bottom line.

Not sure what the SE can claim that only started within this financial year, thus no accounts, I think he should have made a different (smaller) allowance for them based on their accounts forecast?

I’m still trying to find some clarity towards being SE trading through a limited co, as such being a director drawing max allowance monthly plus top up, thus PAYE, but too early to take dividends yet, so am I SE and claim 80% of profits or PAYE and claim 80% of my directors monthly allowance wage only or what I pay myself PAYE?

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
Rant. What is it with joggers/runners.

But joggers (well the ones we've encountered) just keep running - straight towards you or right up behind you and past less than 2m away. Really, really pees us off. What is it with runners that makes then think that they don't need to do their part in maintaining separation - that they and only they don't have to stop and wait for someone else.

Rant over.

Don't go out then

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
I doubt many new start-ups will show a profit per se, what with set-up costs etc, sometimes it takes a couple of years before you start seeing the nuggets fall to the bottom line.

Not sure what the SE can claim that only started within this financial year, thus no accounts, I think he should have made a different (smaller) allowance for them based on their accounts forecast?

I’m still trying to find some clarity towards being SE trading through a limited co, as such being a director drawing max allowance monthly plus top up, thus PAYE, but too early to take dividends yet, so am I SE and claim 80% of profits or PAYE and claim 80% of my directors monthly allowance wage only or what I pay myself PAYE?

Guy from the small business group seemed pretty switched on, missed what he said his web site was but might be worth seeing if it's on iplayer