Coronavirus - how is it/has it affected you?

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site

Even if you accept at face value what this study says, and it has some problems, it doesn't mean what the usual suspects are saying it means.

Social distancing and all that stuff works, that is a fact, not an opinion. If people are sensible enough to do it without a mandate, fine, in that case a mandate is not needed. But the study does not evaluate the effect of moving from a mandate to relying on people's good sense. There is adequate evidence that there is insufficient good sense around. You, for example, declared around 'Freedom Day' that you would not wear a mask again unless required by law to do so.

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
Even if you accept at face value what this study says, and it has some problems, it doesn't mean what the usual suspects are saying it means.

Social distancing and all that stuff works, that is a fact, not an opinion. If people are sensible enough to do it without a mandate, fine, in that case a mandate is not needed. But the study does not evaluate the effect of moving from a mandate to relying on people's good sense. There is adequate evidence that there is insufficient good sense around. You, for example, declared around 'Freedom Day' that you would not wear a mask again unless required by law to do so.

I mean, I suppose you know best but this WHO report shows that Non Pharmaceutical Public health measures have virtually no effect on a Pandemic.

https://apps.who.int/iris/bitstream...IHM-GIP-2019.1-eng.pdf?sequence=1&isAllowed=y

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site

If I have Covid but we’re 10 miles apart due to lockdown you won’t catch it from me. Also, it drives the R number down which protects the NHS. That doesn’t mean you won’t get it at a later date but it stops you getting it when I have it, ergo although we both get it, getting it at different times flattens the peaks.

Stretching the time of the spread also creates a window for more people to be vaccinated, lessening the impact on them or even stopping them from getting it. Again, that protects the NHS.

Without lockdowns there would be more linearity in the infection and mortality rates. Nah, I think the piece is a crock…

D

Deleted member 15344

Day 10 in a few hours if I cheat slightly, still LFD positive but I’ve had enough and shall be waking the daughter to school like a dog off its lead.

Last day for the daughter today - the Tasmanian Devil is going back to school tomorrow ??

The wife on day 8 - still testing positive and line still pretty thick

RichA

Visit site
Social distancing and all that stuff works, that is a fact, not an opinion. If people are sensible enough to do it without a mandate, fine, in that case a mandate is not needed. But the study does not evaluate the effect of moving from a mandate to relying on people's good sense...
Given that London Underground have signs and announcements reminding travellers that use of electric unicycles in stations and on platforms is forbidden, that's a big "if" for some of our citizens.

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
The no-mask in school now playing thru... half of our kids footy team now tested positive this week. They are all in different schools. Half of my son's class now on online lessons. In some ways, I am assuming it is ok for it to go thru the kids system. The only worrying bit is that there seems to be some case of reinfections too. One of the boys has got it the second time around in 6 weeks. Whatsapp messages says first it was Delta and now its Omicron..

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Damn, I was thinking of getting a new unicycle.

Just don't get an electric one and you'll be fine. Unless the sign specifically bans them as well as electric ones.

uxbt06q3bjt71.jpg

road2ruin

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Same here. School gates open at 8:40, will be in the queue at 8:25 to drop him off 1st. ;-) 8:42 I am back home for some quiet time before work.

Weekend will be outside, even if it rains.

Yep, same here, gates open at 8:45am and we'll be there early to chuck her over the fence and enjoy a Friday of (relative) peace!!

Wife is due to be released on Saturday and, baring the two days of negative tests, I think I am Tuesday.

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
How do they know? None of the positive testing results my family got mentioned the variants.

Even I was confused,.. just re-read the message in WA.... i think, there it was sarcasm.. 'twice in 6 weeks - must’ve been lucky enough to get delta last time and omicron this time'

PNWokingham

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

I had no doubt that you would have major objections. Also, I do not remember ever saying that I would not wear a mask again. Indeed, I would on a busy tube or train