Coronavirus - how is it/has it affected you?

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
I can't see Amanda wearing stilettos of any colour without surely breaking her ankle :)

I like the idea of strawberry Ribena with (alcohol-free!) white wine and a home grown strawberry in there too...hopefully they'll grow and I'll let you know :)

road2ruin

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Junior on day 9 still positive. Tomorrow is day 10 and then he can/must go back to school on Friday.
Anyone can recommend a boarding school which still takes pupils that late in the year? ;-)

Looks like ours are going back on the same day. We've stopped testing her now as even with two clear negatives she's not going back any earlier!

If you find a boarding school with space do let me know! :ROFLMAO:

Jimaroid

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The daughter is now on day 9 , still a faint second line

Wife on day 6 - still a faint line

Both of feeling fine but getting annoyed

I’m still negative ?‍♂️

It is weird isn't it. Daughter hit day 10 and is back at school today.

I had to do an "eye test" and drive her to school. I'm supposed to be isolating but she's got to go back. It's stupid.

Absolutely gagging to get out at the weekend. And the weather forecast is, of course, abysmal.

D

Deleted member 15344

It is weird isn't it. Daughter hit day 10 and is back at school today.

I had to do an "eye test" and drive her to school. I'm supposed to be isolating but she's got to go back. It's stupid.

Absolutely gagging to get out at the weekend. And the weather forecast is, of course, abysmal.

My wife looks like she is going to miss her second hockey match - the team lost their three best players to Covid whilst going for promotion- if she can’t play this Saturday she is going to be gutted . She needs to be negative tomorrow

D

Deleted member 15344

Has the team got the other three back yet though… ??

You can tell her that ??

they could have postponed the match last weekend but they went ahead - and lost , I’m calling it hockeygate at the moment as the debrief is still going on

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Ok, I'll cherry-pick some good news....
Cases last 7 days...down 2.2%
Deaths last 7 days...down 12.3%
People admitted to hospital last 7 days...down 11.9%
Patient numbers in ICU have fallen every day for the last 17 days
91% of people aged over 12 have had a vaccine
Is any of that 'Good news', it's less bad; bad news to me. As I said infections and hospitalisations were up yesterday. Look at the death rates today, no matter how anyone wants to view it; it's horrible news.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Good news bad news. Good news is we're down to 2 cases in ICU. Bad news is we're up to 100 in the trust. In other bad news my weekend ward clerk is day 6 and still testing positive. She doesn't sound good at all and so her not working again this weekend will be no bad thing as I think she's going to take some time to get over the effect

D-S

Visit site
I never asserted that the death rate is low, I was merely trying to give some context to your comment “look at the death rates today”.
Even 1 death is bad but the direction of travel is more important.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Good news bad news. Good news is we're down to 2 cases in ICU. Bad news is we're up to 100 in the trust. In other bad news my weekend ward clerk is day 6 and still testing positive. She doesn't sound good at all and so her not working again this weekend will be no bad thing as I think she's going to take some time to get over the effect

Has she had her jabs?