Coronavirus - how is it/has it affected you?

road2ruin

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Day 11 and still showing the red line. Boris says to go back to normal?

This might help assuming you hadn't found it during your Googling!

What if I’m still testing positive after 10 days?

You may leave self-isolation after your 10th full day of self-isolation even if you are still testing positive.

The only exception to this is if you still have a high temperature, or are still feeling unwell.

If you only have a cough or your sense of smell or taste remains affected, you can leave isolation.

The government guidance states: “You do not need to take any more LFD tests after the 10th day of your self-isolation period and you may stop self-isolating after this day.

“This is because you are unlikely to be infectious after the 10th day of your self-isolation period.

“Even if you have a positive LFD test result on the 10th day of your self-isolation period you do not need to take any more LFD tests after this day and you do not need a follow-up PCR test.

“If you are concerned you may choose to limit close contact with other people, especially those who are at higher risk of severe illness until 14 days after the start of your self-isolation period.”

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
This might help assuming you hadn't found it during your Googling!

What if I’m still testing positive after 10 days?

You may leave self-isolation after your 10th full day of self-isolation even if you are still testing positive.

The only exception to this is if you still have a high temperature, or are still feeling unwell.

If you only have a cough or your sense of smell or taste remains affected, you can leave isolation.

The government guidance states: “You do not need to take any more LFD tests after the 10th day of your self-isolation period and you may stop self-isolating after this day.

“This is because you are unlikely to be infectious after the 10th day of your self-isolation period.

“Even if you have a positive LFD test result on the 10th day of your self-isolation period you do not need to take any more LFD tests after this day and you do not need a follow-up PCR test.

“If you are concerned you may choose to limit close contact with other people, especially those who are at higher risk of severe illness until 14 days after the start of your self-isolation period.”
That really sounds like they're making it up as they go along...

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
I believe I do have it right. Oh! And grow up with the silly emojis.

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coron...reatment/when-to-self-isolate-and-what-to-do/
NHS is only passing on the info from the agency that's responsible for 'saying what you can/can't do' (setting guidance and regulation) - its sister org UK Health Security Agency. Both come under the Department of Health and Social Care.
https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/uk-health-security-agency

Last edited:

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
NHS is only passing on the info from the agency that's responsible for 'saying what you can/can't do' (setting guidance and regulation) - its sister org UK Health Security Agency. Both come under the Department of Health and Social Care.
As I have shown 'We' the public are informed of the rules by the NHS And is that agency 'Boris' as suggested by the poster and supported by yourself.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
For some reason, I signed up to get daily email from NY Times about Covid. I'm impressed with their coverage - if rather narrowly focused.

D-S

Visit site
Covid Rates going up again along with hospitalisations, deaths down a little but still high. Deep joy!
I believe the rate jump is due to the dashboard now including re infections - the gurus warned that this would give an increase to the numbers. Also hospitalisations are now on the way down in England at least.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
We are worrying about our lad. Had covid back in mid December and still struggling with fatigue. Not great when your job requires you to be working to 3am, then up a few hours later to travel home or to next venue...means he's having to decline some work.