Coronavirus - how is it/has it affected you?

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
We are worrying about our lad. Had covid back in mid December and still struggling with fatigue. Not great when your job requires you to be working to 3am, then up a few hours later to travel home or to next venue...means he's having to decline some work.

Wheni got COVID the first time, I could be breathing normal and then have to take a couple of deep breaths as if I had to top up. I could feel shattered for no reason what so ever. Thankfully it has now passed.
The second time, my eyes could just feel as heavy as anything All of a sudden.

road2ruin

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Finally tested positive, taken over a week of living with a 7yr old who was covered in Covid and a wife who tested positive a few days after. Looks like my excuses of not being able to complete a load of DIY tasks are going to be sorely tested over the next week or so…….

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I believe the rate jump is due to the dashboard now including re infections - the gurus warned that this would give an increase to the numbers. Also hospitalisations are now on the way down in England at least.
Hospitalisations were up on today's numbers.
Are reinfections not infections?

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Covid Rates going up again along with hospitalisations, deaths down a little but still high. Deep joy!
I believe the rate jump is due to the dashboard now including re infections - the gurus warned that this would give an increase to the numbers. Also hospitalisations are now on the way down in England at least.
I'm more inclined to believe it's because of a lag recording/delivering case number stats from the weekend. I've noticed that several times in the past. For 'daily cases' I only really look at Wednesday through Friday for any trends, as I consider other days 'unreliable'.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
A bunch of figures issued for Andalucia. Only 4.7% of people haven’t been vaccinated. 70% of those in hospital haven’t been vaccinated. Of those that have died of Covid in the last month, all were unvaccinated.

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
Hospitalisations were up on today's numbers.
Are reinfections not infections?

Ok, I'll cherry-pick some good news....
Cases last 7 days...down 2.2%
Deaths last 7 days...down 12.3%
People admitted to hospital last 7 days...down 11.9%
Patient numbers in ICU have fallen every day for the last 17 days
91% of people aged over 12 have had a vaccine

Jimaroid

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Day 8 or 9 depending where I draw the line and still testing positive on LFD.

So far beyond the limit of being sick of this sodding house now. Want to sell up but can’t find a tradesman to actually turn up and do the work they’ve quoted for.

And my coffee tastes wrong now.

Fed up.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
I'll keep testing when I'm visiting elderly relatives. Even vaccinated, they are still vulnerable.
Likewise when visiting mil and bil. His vulnerability is going to go through the roof as is most likely going to have a stem cell transplant if they can find a donor...as that is very unlikely to be my Mrs or mil.

So with spread of the virus in the community now basically uncontrolled we will have to be mega cautious. I am assuming that all coming near him whilst he is in hospital...three weeks likely...will be fully vaccinated.

First though he has to complete six cycles of chemo...and as done as an outpatient and it makes him immunocompromised we have to take great care.

Last edited:

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site

So far beyond the limit of being sick of this sodding house now. Want to sell up but can’t find a tradesman to actually turn up and do the work they’ve quoted for.

Fed up.

Coffee always tastes wrong to me when I'm ill and it is depressing. Might not work for you but, for me, hot blackcurrant (Ribena although other brands available) really seems to hit the spot.

road2ruin

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Likewise when visiting mil and bil. His vulnerability is going to go through the roof as is most likely going to have a stem cell transplant if they can find a donor...as that is very unlikely to be my Mrs or mil.

So with spread of the virus in the community now basically uncontrolled we will have to be mega cautious. I am assuming that all coming near him whilst he is in hospital...three weeks likely...will be fully vaccinated.

First though he has to complete six cycles of chemo...and as done as an outpatient and it makes him immunocompromised we have to take great care.

Good luck for your BIL although I suspect that whilst you can manage Covid in his home when visiting it's his stay in hospital that'll be the time when he's most vulnerable to it regardless of vaccination status of those treating him. Fingers crossed.

Last edited:

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Coffee always tastes wrong to me when I'm ill and it is depressing. Might not work for you but, for me, hot blackcurrant (Ribena although other brands available) really seems to hit the spot.

Other brands are not available, there is no blackcurrant drink that is anywhere near being in the same league as Ribena.

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site

You should try strawberry Ribena in a glass of white wine with some ice, especially on a warm lazy summers evening after walking the dogs. Feet up, shoes off. Cheers :cool:

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Good luck for your BIL although I suspect that whilst you can manage Covid in his home when visiting it's his stay in hospital that'll be the time when he's move vulnerable to it regardless of vaccination status of those treating him. Fingers crossed.
Indeed that is a concern we have... but given he will be in the '100% most vulnerable' category we must trust in the Sheffield Royal Hallamshire Hospital to look after him.

I just don't want to read and hear too many glib and often rather whingy comments about us all having to get on with life - having to 'learn to live' with the virus. I get it. However that is easy to say for the vast majority of us as there is now very little learning to do - and 'living with it' will have negligible, or at worst minimal, impact on how we live our lives. But for others, and not an insignificant few, that is just not the case.

D

Deleted member 15344

Fed up.

The daughter is now on day 9 , still a faint second line

Wife on day 6 - still a faint line

Both of feeling fine but getting annoyed

I’m still negative ?‍♂️

larmen

Head Pro
Visit site
Junior on day 9 still positive. Tomorrow is day 10 and then he can/must go back to school on Friday.
Anyone can recommend a boarding school which still takes pupils that late in the year? ;-)