Coronavirus - how is it/has it affected you?

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Not affecting me but it's interesting to see what is happening in Austria right now. Infections are going up in the unvaccinated so the govt are looking at expanding their vaccine passport scheme and effectively creating a lockdown for the unvaccinated whilst allowing the vaccinated to carry on with a relatively normal life. A comment along the lines of a third of the country should not be able to restrict the freedoms of the majority by their actions, only they should suffer the consequences.

I don't think it is going to cover all of the country but it will affect a good chunk. Bold and controversial.

Yes, just read that on the bbc website, fair play to them.
Imagine them trying that in the UK, the government would be accused of being Nazi sympathisers by the anti vaxxers ffs.

road2ruin

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Yes, just read that on the bbc website, fair play to them.
Imagine them trying that in the UK, the government would be accused of being Nazi sympathisers by the anti vaxxers ffs.

To be fair I can’t imagine the Australians will take it very well either. I’ve got (vaxxed) friends over there who are already fed up with the police state they’re now living in and the police have been doing a good impression of the Gestapo in some instances.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
To be fair I can’t imagine the Australians will take it very well either. I’ve got (vaxxed) friends over there who are already fed up with the police state they’re now living in and the police have been doing a good impression of the Gestapo in some instances.

Good job it's in Austria then ;)

D

Deleted member 29109

Normal police standards for Aus then?

road2ruin

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Singapore set to refuse to cover medical bills of Coronavirus sufferers who choose not to be jabbed.

I may be in the minority but this makes me uncomfortable and could be a slippery slope.

Government is allowed to get away with this citing Covid but what’s to stop them coming back in a few years and saying they won’t treat drug or alcohol addicts or overweight people etc etc. You might claim that it’d never happen however they’ve already set a precedent here.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
I may be in the minority but this makes me uncomfortable and could be a slippery slope.

Government is allowed to get away with this citing Covid but what’s to stop them coming back in a few years and saying they won’t treat drug or alcohol addicts or overweight people etc etc. You might claim that it’d never happen however they’ve already set a precedent here.

Govts might seize all petrol fuelled cars…. Paranoia? I’ll worry about it when it happens.

Not exactly a great vote getter?

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site

Drugs, alcoholism and obesity aren't contagious.

Jamesbrown

Head Pro
Visit site

Very uncomfortable indeed.
If they did bring no medical treatment in for unvaccinated then they should be consistent and not treat those you’ve listed alongside those who live nothing but a pure healthy vegan life. They should also get a rebate from the treasury and reduced tax payments.

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
If they did bring no medical treatment in for unvaccinated then they should be consistent and not treat those you’ve listed alongside those who live nothing but a pure healthy vegan life. They should also get a rebate from the treasury and reduced tax payments.

How about doctors and nurses who are un-vaccinated, should they be allowed to treat patients?

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
If my Aunt had a willy she'd be my Uncle.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Singapore set to refuse to cover medical bills of Coronavirus sufferers who choose not to be jabbed.

The Singapore government DOES have a fairly unique way to 'incentivise' public behaviour!

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
How about doctors and nurses who are un-vaccinated, should they be allowed to treat patients?

No, in my opinion. The NHS already requires staff who deal directly with patients and are exposed to possible blood contamination, to have hepatitis B vaccination. I don't see how Covid, which is more prevalent and more transmissible, should be different.

On Singapore, it is a much more authoritarian society, and the public are given clear expectations in multiple areas of life about how they are expected to behave, and what the consequences will be if they don't. In a way, failure to accept vaccination without a good reason is a form of negligence in using the society's resources, and in the Singaporean culture, carries sanctions.

Perhaps people who don't want vaccination here should be required to have a tattoo on the chest saying "No ventilation for Covid, please".